Hockey Fan Forums banner

21 - 40 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
nossagog said:
It would be my guess that your not quite the Malkin fan. No matter. If you'd like your welcome to start your own thread on why you dislike him so much.
I was considering that. Thanks for the suggestion. Perhaps later today. It's not that I don't like him, I don't even know him. But after having all that hype shoved down our throats, I was a little dissapointed.

But that's for another thread.

·
Premium Member
5,708 Posts
Yeah, it's hard to live up the hype sometimes, and its not all the players fault. But I was dissappointed in the off season, while alot of players, look at the work the Staal's did in the off season and before camp, worked hard to better themselves in the off season, Malkin seemed to coast through. I'm hoping that he doesn't become a lazy player who is out there to simply collect a check. I was also hoping that he would stay in the states more to become more accustomed to the environment and to better his english. Learning English by watching TV doesn't seem to be the way to go.

·
Registered
665 Posts
I was considering that. Thanks for the suggestion. Perhaps later today. It's not that I don't like him, I don't even know him. But after having all that hype shoved down our throats, I was a little dissapointed.

But that's for another thread.
Penguins Fact: Evgeni Malkin is now shoving your comments down your throat.:cheeky4:

Dec 31 1988 against the NJ Devils, Mario Lemieux scored eight points and became the only player in NHL history to score a goal in all five possible game situations in the same game: even-strength, power-play, shorthanded, penalty shot, and empty-net.

·
Premium Member
5,708 Posts
Penguins Fact: Evgeni Malkin is now shoving your comments down your throat.:cheeky4:

Dec 31 1988 against the NJ Devils, Mario Lemieux scored eight points and became the only player in NHL history to score a goal in all five possible game situations in the same game: even-strength, power-play, shorthanded, penalty shot, and empty-net.
I've got a collector's card someplace that commemorates that occasion.

·
Registered
949 Posts
the mario hat trick i believe?

i had thought it was against BOS tho for some reason....?

·
Registered
319 Posts
The Pittsburgh Penguins were the worst team in the league in 2003- 2004. They got first pick in the draft and thats when they got young goalie Marc - Andre Fleury, then 18 years old. He did not do very well, was sent back down again to the QMJHL, then called up again a month later. Sometime after that people started to worry if the damage to young Fleury had already been done.

Now, at age 23 and has matured, he is leading his team to their first Stanley Cup final in 16 years.

I'll be watching the game tonight, hopefully they get there to the Cup Finals.

·
Premium Member
5,708 Posts
Does any one know what the triangle stands for in the Penguins logo????
I do.....
Obviously your not from the 'burgh. The city of Pittsburgh sits at the confluence(Okay, that's your word of the day tommorow) of the Monongehelia, Allegheny and Ohio rivers. The Mon. and the Allegheny come together to form the Ohio river(looks like a big Y). The city sits inside what is known as the Golden Triangle(inside the big Y) where they meet. The triangle on the Logo represents that.

·
Registered
3,799 Posts

·
Registered
3,799 Posts
nice i wish i should got that av. like the Briere picture i got the jersey briere has on. AWESOME

21 - 40 of 46 Posts