Hockey Fan Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Although this is nice for the bragging rights to
Pennsylvania, Pittsburgh is just too good for the Flyers.
Pnguins in six.

·
Premium Member
2,441 Posts
Along with the Detroit Nashville series, I think this will be the one to watch in the first round. Pittsburgh seems to be unstopable now that Crosby is back and I could see them making a cup run, but the team in their way right now is pretty damn tough. I think the Flyers could really rough the Pens up and give them a hard time, and I think that Schenn could really make Crosby a non factor in this series, but I think the Pens center depth will end up being too much for the Flyers. Pens in 7.

·
HF-MOTM Winner - Apr 08
6,349 Posts
If the Bryzgalov of March shows up, Flyers in 5. If the Bryzgalov of most of the rest of the season shows up, Pens in 6.

Flyers need to play their physical, punishing forechecking game, but guys like Hartnell, Simmonds, Rinaldo, etc have to know the microscope is going to be on them, especially after Game 5 of the regular season. We saw it in Rinaldo's ridiculous 5 minute major and ejection in Game 6 of the regular season. They have to get in Fleury's head without getting the interference penalties.

They also can't give the Pens a free pass into the offensive zone. They have to force the Pens to give up possession of the puck and play the game along the boards.

Flyers have the skill, speed, and toughness to beat the Pens if they get quality goaltending. If not, it will be ugly for Philly fans.

Wouldn't hurt to find out if Crosby can take a hit...

·
Premium Member
3,094 Posts
This is just laughable:

TORONTO -- Colin Campbell says he's almost as upset as the Pittsburgh Penguins over a missed offside call that led to a goal in Wednesday's playoff opener with the Philadelphia Flyers.

The NHL's senior executive vice-president of hockey operations acknowledges that linesman Tony Sericolo erred in not whistling the play dead prior to Danny Briere's goal early in the second period.

The Flyers forward was sent in on a breakaway off a long pass from teammate Brayden Schenn that came immediately after a turnover in the neutral zone.

Campbell believes that Sericolo was in position to make the right call but thinks the quick turnaround affected his view of the play.

Briere's goal was the first for Philadelphia as it erased a three-goal deficit and beat Pittsburgh 4-3 in overtime. After the game, Penguins coach Dan Bylsma said the blown call wasn't responsible for his team losing the game.

Campbell says the incident could affect how director of officiating Terry Gregson handles staffing assignments moving forward.

http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=392947

I would say it's even after the missed icing call on the Pens 3rd goal.

·
HF-MOTM Winner - Apr 08
6,349 Posts
Penguins are classless, gutless, crybaby, f*cking turds. I hope Schenn or anyone in orange puts Crosby into the 5th row of seats. Then the fans can have him.

·
Premium Member
13,305 Posts
Penguins are classless, gutless, crybaby, f*cking turds. I hope Schenn or anyone in orange puts Crosby into the 5th row of seats. Then the fans can have him.
Yep i've lost all respect for Crosby, he is a classless whinner period.

To bad that such a good player has to be a cheap shot artist and whinner.

On a possitive for the pens they should be rid of Asham for the series which may in fact help them.

And whats with Leaky in the pens net?

He couldn't stop a beachball anymore, and pens fans want to point out the flyers goaltending. lol

·
Registered
681 Posts
I wonder what those fans who said getting rid of Richards and Carter would hurt the club have to say now.

Not really a fan of Philly but any team that beats Cindy Crybaby that bad is alright with me.

·
HF-MOTM Winner - Apr 08
6,349 Posts
I still can't believe what a disgrace the Penguins were to the game of hockey today. Everything Pens fans say about the Flyers being the bullies, cheap shot artists, thugs, etc...is what the Pens were today. They were a circus side show and they don't even deserve to play Game 4.

:n

1 - 20 of 30 Posts