Hockey Fan Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
Yeah, if you are going to fight someone, and you wear a visior, I think you should remove your Helmet. Although, maybe he didn't have enough time prior to the scrap to remove it and he didn't want to remove his hands from White.

·
Premium Member
5,661 Posts
White wears a visor as well by the way. Nice to see him sticking up for Parise. It's too bad the rest of the team didn't show up for that game.:redface:

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
Oh yeah, you're right! I missed that at the beginning of the fight. It looked like neither player wanted to take their helmet off, but Phaneuf ripped it off of White's head!

·
HF-MOTM Winner - Apr 08
6,349 Posts
If you fight with a visor on, you're more wrong than two boys in a wood shed.

·
Registered
987 Posts
Phaneuf didn't start the fight. What's he supposed to do? White was the instigator and if you instigate with a visor you're supposed to be ejected.

·
HF-MOTM Winner - Apr 08
6,349 Posts
Phaneuf didn't start the fight. What's he supposed to do? White was the instigator and if you instigate with a visor you're supposed to be ejected.
Instigator, as in a penalty due to infraction, or initiator?

·
Registered
987 Posts
That's not an instigator penalty. :bt
That's not an instigator? Since when? That's how the game is called. I've even seen instigator penalties called when there was a penalty on the hit. I don't think that should be the case but those are the rules.

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
47.6 Face Protection - If a player penalized as an instigator of an altercation is wearing a face shield (including a goalkeeper), he shall be assessed an additional unsportsmanlike conduct penalty.

Should the player (including a goalkeeper) who instigates the fight be wearing a face shield, but removes it before instigating the altercation, the additional unsportsmanlike conduct penalty shall not apply.
Quote Origin

What I take this to mean is that if you are found to be an instigator of a fight while wearing a face mask (without removing the face mask before the altercation) then you are penalized an "additional unsportsmanlike conduct penalty."

·
HF-MOTM Winner - Apr 08
6,349 Posts
That's not an instigator? Since when? That's how the game is called. I've even seen instigator penalties called when there was a penalty on the hit. I don't think that should be the case but those are the rules.
Then I guess you get up in arms every single time there's a fight and an instigator penalty isn't called.

I can't say I'm surprised by this.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Phaneuf fighting...what?

this kids ain't no fighter he was just trying to light something up for the toronto team since he's new to the team.....don't be prepared to see much more of these fights from Phaneuf

·
Registered
5 Posts
He averages 5 fights a year. He's not an enforcer, but he will drop the gloves.
Oh ya i know he will drop the gloves that's a good point.....he's more of an offensive defensmen more than anythin but he will stick up for teammates just like any other player and maybe toss in a few scraps just for the hell of it you know

1 - 19 of 19 Posts