Hockey Fan Forums banner

Peter Laviolette fired

2K views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  canadianinput 
#1 ·
playoffs 2 years in a row and he gets fired. if anyone should be fired its Milbury. he has done a horrible job.

http://tsn.ca/nhl/news_story.asp?ID=43234&hubName=nhl

you have to love his Bertuzzi trade :roll:

"New York Islanders traded Todd Bertuzzi, Bryan McCabe and 3rd round selection (Jarkko Ruutu) in 1998 to the Vancouver Canucks for Trevor Linden."

#2 ·
hockeyman said:
playoffs 2 years in a row and he gets fired. if anyone should be fired its Milbury. he has done a horrible job.

http://tsn.ca/nhl/news_story.asp?ID=43234&hubName=nhl

you have to love his Bertuzzi trade :roll:

"New York Islanders traded Todd Bertuzzi, Bryan McCabe and 3rd round selection (Jarkko Ruutu) in 1998 to the Vancouver Canucks for Trevor Linden."
That was a horrible trade. Milsbury should be fired in my opinion.

#4 ·
At the time, the Linden trade was necessary. Of course, Mad Mike's unhealthy dislike for prospects sure is killing that team.

The Luongo and Jokinen for Parrish and Kvasha was the worst IMO. A budding young star and a future franchise goalie for Parrish and Kvasha? Then he tried to replace Luongo with Rick DiPietro. The dumbest decision in the past 5 drafts.

However, Connolly and Pyatt for Peca was just genius on his part.

#5 ·
I'm an Islanders fan. Milbury should've been fired a while ago. He is so frustrating. I cant believe he has been there this long. That Bertuzzi trade should be a sign to the owners that someone else needs to be making the trades for this team. The Luongo trade is another great example of why Milbury should not be GM. Damn he is frustrating. After so many years of not making the playoffs, he then fires the coach that got us there 2 years in a row. We'll see what happens but if the Islanders miss the playoffs this year then Milbury better be fired.

#6 ·
i think the firing of this clown will do the team some good. they could use a good experienced, hard nosed coach. the younger players on this team need a better leader to lead them to maturity and smart hockey.

i can see kevin constantine doing a good job with this team..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.