Hockey Fan Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Nothing is official but the rumour is that both the Leafs and the Red Wings are looking to add Bondra to their rosters. Both teams are in need of some wingers and Bondra, though nearing the end of his career, would be a good depth addition to either team.

Personally, I think it would be smarter for the Leafs if they let him go despite how weak they are on the wing because their prospects need playing time in the NHL. Prospects like Williams and Pohl should be given the ice time Bondra would get.

The Red Wings have some holes to fill though with the void left by Brenden Shanahan still unfilled. An unequal replacement, but enough to keep the team that much more competetive. The Red Wings don't have too many NHL ready prospects looking for playing time this year compared to the Leafs too.

·
Registered
2,455 Posts
Good point about the Leafs' prospects.

They are close to NHL ready, which usually means they are on their way out.

I doubt that Bondra could be of better use to the Leafs or Wings then he will be to the Thrashers. Besides, I really do think that maybe Pohl or Stajan are 20 goal scorers in the NHL and that's all that Bondra will give you nowadays.

·
Registered
6,444 Posts
Yeah, I've heard. I didn't want him on the Leafs because he wasn't what they needed. But now that I look at the team and see that they missed out on Sykora, it looks like they'll have to give it a shot and see if he still has some of that magic left.

Especially with that RW being weak at the moment. If they do get him, he should come cheap, and for only 1 year.

·
Registered
2,455 Posts
BE-LEAF-ABLE said:
Yeah, I've heard. I didn't want him on the Leafs because he wasn't what they needed. But now that I look at the team and see that they missed out on Sykora, it looks like they'll have to give it a shot and see if he still has some of that magic left.

Especially with that RW being weak at the moment. If they do get him, he should come cheap, and for only 1 year.
What do you think a reasonable price for him would be? What do you think the Buds would give up?

·
Banned
44 Posts
Hes a good skater, but not as good as in the early 90s and I think hes almost near retirement. Plus hes bouncing back and forth from team to team ever since being traded from Washington.

·
Registered
6,444 Posts
Well, at first I was thining league minimum to $750K, but after seeing how well Aleksander Suglobov was playing, I'm not sure about them getting Bondra.

I mean, did you see that shot?! He looked like Mogilny! :eek: I really want to see him make the line-up now.

·
Registered
6,444 Posts
Bondra signed with the surging Chicago Blackhawks on Sunday, and just scored his first goal with the team on the Powerplay less than 8 minutes ago.

Bondra joins the Blackhawks

December 10, 2006

CHICAGO (CP) -- The Chicago Blackhawks signed winger Peter Bondra to a US$500,000, one-year deal plus incentives Sunday, hoping the veteran sniper can provide a boost to one of the lowest-scoring clubs in the NHL.

Bondra scored 21 goals with 18 assists in 60 games last season with the Atlanta Thrashers but went unsigned afterwards. The 38-year-old is scheduled for a physical Monday morning and could be in the lineup Tuesday night when the Blackhawks visit St. Louis.
No new story on this of course because, well, it's live. :D

And for anyone wondering, Chicago just added 2 more to make the score 3-1 while I was typing this.

·
Registered
6,444 Posts
LOL! Oh, didn't see it. :D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts