Hockey Fan Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: Paul Martin resigned

So does this mean he will be your #2 behind rachaunek?
Funny, supporter of team with no blueline whatsoever.

It'll probably be a top four of Martin, White, Vishnevski, and either Rachunek or Greene.

·
Registered
4,679 Posts

Funny, supporter of team with no blueline whatsoever.

It'll probably be a top four of Martin, White, Vishnevski, and either Rachunek or Greene.

You keep thinking that. Even when our worst D malik has the best plus over the last 3 seasons in the NHL and even though he is crap and would like him gone says somthing.

Even if what you say is true that we have no blueline then Lundqvist by far has to be a top 5 NHL goalie cause its all him then. RIGHT? ;)

Anyway no reason for bashing the rangers D i was just asking if he be the devils #2 defensmen.

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

You keep thinking that. Even when our worst D malik has the best plus over the last 3 seasons in the NHL and even though he is crap and would like him gone says somthing.

Even if what you say is true that we have no blueline then Lundqvist by far has to be a top 5 NHL goalie cause its all him then. RIGHT? ;)

Anyway no reason for bashing the rangers D i was just asking if he be the devils #2 defensmen.
I think that Vishnevski or White will be number two ahead of Rachunek.

·
Registered
737 Posts

Martin
White
Vishnevski
Rachunek
Greene
Oduya/Matvichuck

·
Premium Member
5,661 Posts

Martin is probably the closest thing the Devils have to a #1 defenseman in terms of overall talent right now. He's obviously not there yet, and quite frankly I don't know if he'll ever get there, but he's still relatively young and defensemen tend to take longer to develop. I'm hoping Sutter can work some magic with him and the other young defensemen the Devils have.

·
Premium Member
5,661 Posts

Well according to the village idiot this is a sign that a major trade is on the way...

Eklund The Idiot Flyers Fan said:
Earlier this week a source told me to pay close attention to the Devils. I have been hearing that the Devils had plans to make a major impact trade this summer, and that the first thing that would have to happen would be for Martin to sign. Now that he has this week, it could get very interesting...

They need to replace Rafalski and have never replaced Niedermayer. They also need a playmaker and power play help. They could make a move with Vancouver or could try and do a deal that I have heard talked about today. A deal to bring Jovo or Morris to NJ. They also could look to make an even more major move...
Just like Elias or Gionta was going to Vancouver for Ohlund?:rolleyes:

·
Registered
737 Posts

Well according to the village idiot this is a sign that a major trade is on the way...

Just like Elias or Gionta was going to Vancouver for Ohlund?:rolleyes:
One thing Lou hates..is big over hyped lazy defenceman who can't reach their potenital time and time again..which brings another point..why do we still have Colin White?

more on paul's deal

3-year, $11.5 million contract. Martin will earn $3 million this season, $4 million in 2008 and $4.5 million in 2009.

·
Premium Member
5,661 Posts
I got a good laugh out of this...

The Devils have had some talks with the Oilers in the past 24 hours in a move that would send Martin and a "big name" to Edmonton for Horcoff and two big time prospects. Edmonton would also then move one of their current D to Boston....at least that is one scenario that was painted by a trusted source.
I'm assuming the "big name" would be either Elias or Gionta, and trading either for Horcoff and two prospects makes no sense at all, especially considering Elias has a no trade clause. Plus they'd throw in arguably their best all-around defenseman who is still relatively young?

Eklund is always good for a laugh, I'll give him that much.:haha:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts