Jan 25, 2007, 1:34 PM EST
QUEBEC (CP) - Former all-star goaltender Patrick Roy is staying put with the Quebec Remparts.
The coach and co-owner of the Quebec Major Junior Hockey League franchise said Thursday he has been buoyed by support he has received since controversy broke out last week over a shoving match in which he was allegedly involved.
Roy had previously indicated he was contemplating his future with the team in the wake of a complaint filed with police by Pierre Cardinal, a representative of the Chicoutimi Sagueneens, after a game between the two teams.
Cardinal announced Thursday he is dropping legal proceedings against Roy.
"I was really shaky and certainly it put in jeopardy the future of what I was doing," Roy told a news conference in Quebec City just after news broke of the complaint being withdrawn.