Hockey Fan Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
737 Posts
I knew Zach would sign he loves it in new jersey but its nice to really be able to breathe easy about it.

·
Registered
4,679 Posts
3.125 per year wow thats huge bargain. i was thinking he deserved 4.5-5 mill judging from other signings this summer.

·
Premium Member
5,661 Posts
For what started off as a dismal looking offseason for the Devils, I'd say Lou's done a pretty good job of making it another solid one. Signing cheaper replacements for two large contracts (Gomez, Rafalski), hiring a coach who seems to fit the Devils rather well (although I thought the same of Julien last year), and now locking up their best young player at a bargain price for the next 4 years.

In Lou We Trust ;)

·
Registered
737 Posts
For a second season on a defensive team i thought his year was steller had some pretty clutch goals also.
Hopefully Zach ends up to be what patty has been to this point..a carrer devil..just with better numbers ;) lol

·
Premium Member
5,661 Posts
SStevensLover said:
Parise is worth the money. I don't know about Lou re-signing Martin. I just hope the whole team is healthy going into the regular season.
I think Martin will be fine in the long run. He had one down year offensively last year, but that was hardly an isolated problem on the team. Considering he's only 26 years old he still has time to develop some more. And unfortunately for Martin he has to follow in the footsteps of guys like Scott Stevens and Scott Niedermayer, which is damn near impossible.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts