Hockey Fan Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
I loved what Martan did with Chara, maybe he will turn Bouwmesster(sp) into an even better Chara since they are both giants.

·
Registered
5,695 Posts
toddzilla44 said:
This is being discussed in the FLorida section I think...in the GM firing thread.
Seems to me it should have it's own thread. It has been confirmed now. Mike Keenan will rip that team apart and build it with Jacques in mind. It could work very well or it Jacques could be looking for work next summer too.

You know one guy who isn't going anywhere is Luongo. With a goalie like that you can afford to build around him.

I'm moving this to the Florida section...

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
The Panthers also have Bouwmeester and Horton to build around Luongo too. Martin will be a great coach for the Panthers.

·
Banned
4,489 Posts
I think within four or five years, if they keep healthy and that core group of younger and talented players together, Florida can once again be a playoff team. I am a big fan of Jacques and I hope that he does when down in Sunrise.

By the way, nice rip into Lalime today by Martin. He said something to the effect of: The difference between Ottawa and Florida is here [in FLA] we have a reliable starting goaltender, something that we never had in Ottawa.

·
Registered
3,358 Posts
I think that Jacques Martin will do an excellent job with the Florida Panthers. He took an Ottawa team that used to go like 10-60-10 each year into one of the best regular season teams in the NHL.

I bold regular season because we will have to see if this pattern continues in Florida.

·
Registered
8,123 Posts
J.R. the Sports Czar said:
I think within four or five years, if they keep healthy and that core group of younger and talented players together, Florida can once again be a playoff team. I am a big fan of Jacques and I hope that he does when down in Sunrise.

By the way, nice rip into Lalime today by Martin. He said something to the effect of: The difference between Ottawa and Florida is here [in FLA] we have a reliable starting goaltender, something that we never had in Ottawa.
Yeah.. I'd like to know what the sens fans who will always back Lalime thought of that. Even his head coach said it.

·
Registered
6,444 Posts
grim said:
Mike Keenan and Jacques Martin. Screamy and Calmy.
Good for you Jacquie boy. :]
It's all about chemistry. They'll balance out to an "in the middle" attitude.

·
Premium Member
10,689 Posts
J.R. the Sports Czar said:

It might also be a rip at Muckler. He is the problem in Ottawa. Keenan GM in Ottawa with Jacques martin as coach would have been a nice fit. Oh well I hope Jacques does well In the sunshine state :)

·
Registered
507 Posts
Congrats to the Panthers... they have a good coach on their hands :wink:

It's gonna be strange seeing him behind their bench instead of the Sens bench though LoL I kept thinking about that last night when I was watching the press conference. He'll benefit them big time, so it's all good.

·
Registered
163 Posts
I don't understand how they could fire Jaques Martin in the first place.. He has done a lot for the Senators Organization and was one game away from appearing in the finals vs the ducks last yr

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
Stingrays80 said:
I don't understand how they could fire Jaques Martin in the first place.. He has done a lot for the Senators Organization and was one game away from appearing in the finals vs the ducks last yr
Yeah no kidding I agree actual his team was two goals away from the stanley cup, but I guess the team figeured his team was moving backwards from last year, still a dumb mistake in mymind.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts