Hockey Fan Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Palm Beach Post is reporting that a Montreal TV show has stirred up rumors that a Roberto Luongo trade is in the works.
Former Quebec Nordiques head coach Michel Bergeron said on the show "110%" (on French-language station TQS) that Luongo's one-year contract and the Panthers' recent struggles might prompt the team's GM, Mike Keenan, to shop his franchise goaltender.

The program also mentioned the Colorado Avalanche as a possible destination.
Keenan called any talk of a Luongo trade "a complete fabrication," and told the Post, "I've never spoken to anybody about Roberto and never mentioned his name."
However, the Post claims a Colorado scout attended Thursday's game against the Ottawa Senators.

According to the Post, the Avalanche are believed to be looking to upgrade at goaltender. Speculation suggests that the Avs could offer goalie David Aebischer, as well as defenseman John-Michael Liles.

Meanwhile, Luongo had heard about the show but didn't take the speculation seriously.

"Those guys throw a lot of stuff up against the wall," he told the Post. "It's what they do."
thought to share this

·
Registered
107 Posts
Of course Keenan will deny any report of a trade....any GM would.....Brian Burke said Federov would not be traded 3 weeks ago and now look at him.

·
Registered
107 Posts
I'm not saying there's any truth to trading Luongo, there may or may not be, just that no GM is going to admit to any rumours beforehand

·
Super Moderator
8,126 Posts
They will trade Luongo, but not now. They'll wait closer to the trade deadline, unless a great deal is on the table. It's a fact that Luongo isn't happy with the Panthers' management on the last contract negotiations, as he took less with the qualifying offer ($3.5 million) than what the Panthers were offering (in the $4 million range), and it's my understanding that he will be a free agent at the end of the season.

Look for Montreal to be in the picture... they're not happy at all with Theodore's performances this season.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Luongo doesn't like his contract or the management but does like s.florida and the panthers. I'm sure he will do whatever's possible to stay. And to go to Colorado? Canadia? No way. Nobody leaves S.Florida ... down here chicks are too hot. :)

·
Registered
28 Posts
Luongo doesn't like his contract or the management but does like s.florida and the panthers. I'm sure he will do whatever's possible to stay. And to go to Colorado? Canadia? No way. Nobody leaves S.Florida ... down here chicks are too hot.

Some people are just not educated about Canada at all,now this guy thinks that they're are no good looking woman in Canada at all....hey guess what...Pam Anderson...she's pretty hot eh? Yeah..she was born in Comox,B.C. and since i'm sure you'll need to look that up it's on the west coast of Canada.

·
Registered
318 Posts
LiveFromVancouver said:
Luongo doesn't like his contract or the management but does like s.florida and the panthers. I'm sure he will do whatever's possible to stay. And to go to Colorado? Canadia? No way. Nobody leaves S.Florida ... down here chicks are too hot.

Some people are just not educated about Canada at all,now this guy thinks that they're are no good looking woman in Canada at all....hey guess what...Pam Anderson...she's pretty hot eh? Yeah..she was born in Comox,B.C. and since i'm sure you'll need to look that up it's on the west coast of Canada.
You are a joke.

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Canadia?

In a few other post I thought people were crazy thinking Luongo was going to be traded, but the rumors out there are pretty hot right now. Regardless of how the weather is or how "hot" the chicks are, Luongo is an F.A next season right? He'll be gone! Florida's best bet is to trade him and get something in return.

·
Registered
136 Posts
being from the comox valley that is embarassing have her come from here she was ugly her whole life (pictures from friends dads) until hse got all that surgery to make her look better we got better people from around here like Kozlig and Byron Dafoe Brett Mclean he was my Math teachers son so i got to see him all the time :haha:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts