Hockey Fan Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who do you guys see becoming a great player outside of the Top 5 players in this draft.

Personally i see Jamieson Oleksiak becoming a prominent player in the NHL. If he can overcome his weak pivoting i can see him becoming a poor man's Chara, which i wouldn't think of as bad.

The other player i'm liking in this draft is Tomas Jurco. I've just seen some videos of him and he looks like a great player. Uses his size effectively and has some real nice hands

·
Registered
1 Posts
To me Joel Armia should be between 6-8th pick . He scored 17 goal this year with Assat Pori in Finnish elite liga and he is still 17 y.o . The alternative is young swiss Sven Baertshi .

·
Premium Member
6,394 Posts
Myles Bell.
First of all, I'm aware I'm quoting myself here.

Bell was involved in a car accident this weekend and is in the hospital, so who knows how that's going to affect his draft stock and potential. A lot of people said things about Regehr not being a NHL talent after his accident in 1999, and we know how that turned out, so it could be another case where he can overcome it. On the other hand, it could be similar to Petr Buzek, who was a top prospect in his draft year, and then had a car accident and wound up not even playing 200 games in the NHL.

We'll have to wait and see. :dunno:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts