Hockey Fan Forums banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts
Sorry to inform you, but the flypuck is made for improving ones stickhandling skills, not made to actually play with
i've seen promotional videos featuring people playing games with them. and flypuck employees talking about which flypucks were best to practice stickhandling and which, for if you want to play. haha and also how not to drill them at concrete walls, though they are made so they can withstand the initial force of blade to puck when taking heavy slapshots.
not that any of this really matters if they suck.

Use a Zero ball, or Z ball. I've even used their Zero (Z) puck. It has plastic slider tabs around the edge of it that eventually fall out and break however it sounds like your using now. Regardless, the Zero ball is great I found when I used to play roller hockey.

RB

pro puck

I started playing about 2 years ago on tennis court. the common fraklin pucks worked really good on the tennis court surface. about 6 months later i found a free outdoor asphalt rink and over the last year and a half we have accumulated 30 or 40 regular guys that come down and play games. we dont like using a ball and every puck we played with rolled and bounced and made gameplay horrible. until we found the propuck. best outdoor puck you will ever use. its not 100%. I'd give it an 8 out of 10 which is 1000 times better than any other puck we have used. I actualy just ordered the heavier one (Ice guy pro puck) in hopes that it will stay flat more often due to the extra weight. But if you are playing on a surface that is not completely smooth, get a 6 pack of pro pucks and i assure you it will be worth your while....p.s. hockey balls suck.

I've got a green biscuit. They are pretty good. I go to a netball court nearby to just practice off-ice on inline skates. It stays flat and on the ground most of the time. I'd recommend one.

I practice outdoors (due to time constraints) and designed an oversize puck we called the Skypuck. It's good but you know it's like trying to get a flying saucer to fly!

The front edge of the puck is the problem - friction or impacts there will cause the puck to flip up. This happens a lot on ice too.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.