Hockey Fan Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
26,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
(Sports Network) - The New Jersey Devils try to get back on the winning track tonight when they take on the Ottawa Senators at Scotiabank Place.

New Jersey has dropped two of its last three games, including Thursday's 4-3 shootout loss against the Nashville Predators. Brian Gionta scored twice and Scott Gomez added a goal for the Devils.

Gionta netted the tying goal with 11.6 seconds remaining in regulation and goaltender Scott Clemmensen made 15 saves and got the start for future Hall of Famer Martin Brodeur, who got the day off.

Last week Brodeur notched his 450th career win, making him only the third backstop to achieve the feat. Brodeur joined Florida's Ed Belfour (457) and Patrick Roy (551) as the only netminders to reach the plateau.

Brodeur was the youngest of the trio when he hit the mark and will be between the pipes Saturday night against Ottawa.

FULL STORY

·
Registered
426 Posts
Another score update and thisis a big one for sens fans!!

Sens 6 Devils 1 !!!!!!!

Ottawa: spezza,heatly,corvo,vermette(2),preissing

Whats wrong with Brodeur?

·
Registered
3,041 Posts
Havlat said:
Whats wrong with Brodeur?
I am asking myself the same question and hes my east goalie on my hockey pool lol and the last time I checked it was 8-1 Ottawa WOW!!! Nice to seem Ottawa scoring again though!

·
Registered
26,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The last time New Jersey allowed 8 goals was, December 26, 1993, and it was 8-3 for the New York Rangers!!

·
Registered
26,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Great game by Ottawa, they actually looked like a team tonight!! :thumbsup:

Final Score: 8-1

1 - 8 of 8 Posts