Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
961 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Which one of the original 6 arenas was your favorite. lets hear from you.by the way the current madison sqaure garden is not a original 6 arena. the old MSG 3 was torn down in 1968.

·
Banned
961 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Maple Leaf Gardens

sensrule said:
I wasn't born when these arena's were around, but I heard that the Maple Leafs Garden was really something
The gardens still stands today but has not been used in a few years.the montreal forum is still there in a small way.the outer walls and roof still exists today,but the inside of the historic forum has been torn out to turn it into a movie theater and shops.the other four original 6 arenas are gone.

410 Posts
Leaf Gardens was a great arena but I have to admit Olympia Stadium is the best in the poll. It was a great place to hang out although the home team (the late 70s Red Wings, in my early adultery) were very brutal. It had great ice compared to the other arenas in the 70s. I've never been to any of the other arenas but between Leaf Gardens and Olympia Stadium (the two I've been to in that poll,) Olympia Stadium is the better one.

·
Banned
961 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Olympia Stadium

masterofhockeyknowledge said:
Leaf Gardens was a great arena but I have to admit Olympia Stadium is the best in the poll. It was a great place to hang out although the home team (the late 70s Red Wings, in my early adultery) were very brutal. It had great ice compared to the other arenas in the 70s. I've never been to any of the other arenas but between Leaf Gardens and Olympia Stadium (the two I've been to in that poll,) Olympia Stadium is the better one.
I have talked to alot of former NHL players and have been told that olympia stadiums ice was ranked near the top.and the 1970s were very bad for the wings down at olympia. they only made the playoffs in 1970 and 1978.the old saying back then was DARKNESS WITH HARKNESS.

·
Banned
961 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Chicago Stadium

Rids said:
My favorite of the old barns was Chicago Stadium. Hearing the noise generated by that crowd made the hair on your arm stand up. Amazing.
The stadium was a great place to go to see hockey. i saw around 20 games from there and hated to see it go. when they were tearing down the stadium in march of 1995 i went to chicago to see the stadium for the last time. while i was there i went into the new stadium to buy my chicago stadium seat and bricks and felt like i was in a shopping mall. the new stadium sucks big time. they did not even take over the old organ to the new stadium.
I miss chicago stadium so much.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Chicago Stadium.....been there twice to watch the Leafs play....was the loudest and liveliest building to watch hockey.....stands stacked one on top of the other so even if you had a seat way in the back you were still right on top of the action....back in the day when top line there was Denis Savard, Steve Larmer and Al Secord.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts