Hockey Fan Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what's up?
I like this forum and am looking forward to some spirited discussions about our passion - Hockey. I must ask however; what's up with your Mod Olympia? He pollutes several threads with the same basic comment. "The Hurricanes don't belong and they should still be the whalers" I'm game to debate this all summer and I have engaged Olympia and others in threads about the that subject.
The problem is Olympia says the same thing in threads where in the comment doesn't belong. threads where in the comment takes the intent of the thread in a different direction. When I complained this was the PM he sent me...
MODERATOR
Listen pal i am a moderator here on this forum. YOU WILL NOT make comments about any of the moderators here on this forum in public including me.this does not make you look good to other people. you can like what you want and i dont care but remmber i am the moderator here not you. next time i can give you a warning if this happens again.

Please help. I'm an active forum user and frequent forums on several subjects. His behavior is known as Hijacking. When I call him on it I get threats? What kind of forum will we have if the mod breaks forum decorum then threatens anyone who calls him on it?
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
961 Posts
Moderators

Bondseye said:
what's up?
I like this forum and am looking forward to some spirited discussions about our passion - Hockey. I must ask however; what's up with your Mod Olympia? He pollutes several threads with the same basic comment. "The Hurricanes don't belong and they should still be the whalers" I'm game to debate this all summer and I have engaged Olympia and others in threads about the that subject.
The problem is Olympia says the same thing in threads where in the comment doesn't belong. threads where in the comment takes the intent of the thread in a different direction. When I complained this was the PM he sent me...
MODERATOR
Listen pal i am a moderator here on this forum. YOU WILL NOT make comments about any of the moderators here on this forum in public including me.this does not make you look good to other people. you can like what you want and i dont care but remmber i am the moderator here not you. next time i can give you a warning if this happens again.

Please help. I'm an active forum user and frequent forums on several subjects. His behavior is known as Hijacking. When I call him on it I get threats? What kind of forum will we have if the mod breaks forum decorum then threatens anyone who calls him on it?
I am going to say this one time. if you have any problems with any of the moderators on this forum including me take it off the forum and you PM that moderator or the ADMIN.You dont do this out in the open so everyone can see. if this continues you will be warned.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
961 Posts
Admin

The admin in this forum has been sent a PM about this. There needs to be a posting for all of the members of our form to tell what to do if anyone has a problem or complaint about this forum other forum members or any of the mods here on this board.There will be no more open posting about this. any problems any member has should be directed to that moderator or any of our other moderators here on this forum.you can also PM any of our ADMINS also.if this continues warnings can be issued out.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
29 Posts
I know democracies aren't popular on the interweb

But you're a thread hijacker Oly Stadium. I don't care if you're a moderator or not, you come on every thread bellyaching about how Peter Karmanos left that hole in Hartford to actually make money with his hockey club.

You do this in every thread discussing the Canes, reagardless of whether or not it's actually relevant.

So yeah - if you're gonna get uptight, and start banning people, throw me out right after Bondseye
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
227 Posts
And if Oly wants to ban either of you, then he can ban me as well! Over zealous mods actually do more harm than good, in their quest to be "forum cop"!
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
961 Posts
Posts

I am going to say this one more time. if anyone has any complaints about me or any of the other moderators on this forum you take it of the board and PM the moderator that you have the problem with or PM one of the other mods here on this board. you can even complain to the admin if you want.if i see anymore posting here i will issue warnings. Take the complaints off the board.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
29 Posts
but but but

OLYMPIA STADIUM said:
I am going to say this one more time. if anyone has any complaints about me or any of the other moderators on this forum you take it of the board and PM the moderator that you have the problem with or PM one of the other mods here on this board. you can even complain to the admin if you want.if i see anymore posting here i will issue warnings. Take the complaints off the board.

I thought you were only going to say it once

like 5 posts ago said:
I am going to say this one time.
:cheeky4:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
OLYMPIA STADIUM said:
Looks like all of the people here that are complaining are carolina fans
Nice, maybe you're missing the point...

It's a FORUM if I have a problem I'll address it to the FORUM. My complaint was valid and I addressed you with all due respect. You in-turn brandished threats in an exercise of totalitarian control. In a free speaking society behavior such as this makes my skin crawl.
There are at least two threads on the subject of Hockey in Carolina and I have posted several lengthy retorts to your thesis that the Canes should move back to Hartford. My complaint is that you proffer the same thesis in threads where it is not appropriate. You are certainly entitled to your opinion as am I. Just because you're a mod that doesn't place you above accepted forum decorum. As per your request I notified the Admin and they are very much aware of the situation.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
961 Posts
Complaints

Bondseye said:
Nice, maybe you're missing the point...

It's a FORUM if I have a problem I'll address it to the FORUM. My complaint was valid and I addressed you with all due respect. You in-turn brandished threats in an exercise of totalitarian control. In a free speaking society behavior such as this makes my skin crawl.
There are at least two threads on the subject of Hockey in Carolina and I have posted several lengthy retorts to your thesis that the Canes should move back to Hartford. My complaint is that you proffer the same thesis in threads where it is not appropriate. You are certainly entitled to your opinion as am I. Just because you're a mod that doesn't place you above accepted forum decorum. As per your request I notified the Admin and they are very much aware of the situation.
And i have also notifed the admin here at the forum about this.and as i said if you have a problem with me or any of the moderators here you take it up with that moderator or one of the other moderators or even the ADMIN.Now i am also moderating at other forums and on any forum that i have belonged to this is the procedure to follow with complaints.You dont post out in the open about this.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Practice what you preach. There's a post on this very thread by you that breaks your own rule. Once again moderators need to adhere to the same decorum as any forum participant. All I'm saying is I had a valid complaint, I brought it up, and you threatened punitive action where it wasn't called for. Then, as per your request I contacted the admin and dropped the subject. When I returned I see you're still making public comments about one's team loyalty and how it affects rather or not one complains. In other words your practicing the very behavior your warning me against. You got a problem take it to the admin buddy!
No more hijacking + no more threats = no more public complaints = everyone's happy... Got it.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
961 Posts
Complaints

Bondseye said:
Practice what you preach. There's a post on this very thread by you that breaks your own rule. Once again moderators need to adhere to the same decorum as any forum participant. All I'm saying is I had a valid complaint, I brought it up, and you threatened punitive action where it wasn't called for. Then, as per your request I contacted the admin and dropped the subject. When I returned I see you're still making public comments about one's team loyalty and how it affects rather or not one complains. In other words your practicing the very behavior your warning me against. You got a problem take it to the admin buddy!
No more hijacking + no more threats = no more public complaints = everyone's happy... Got it.
If the ADMIN ever makes you a moderator here than at that time you can say how this forum is run.OTHER members besides you still want to continue this.And as far as me i never broke any rules as you state.now since this is not my area to moderate if it was this thread would have been locked a long time ago.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
961 Posts
Forum

Bondseye said:
No more hijacking + no more threats = no more public complaints = everyone's happy... Got it.
There was no hijacking and no threats here on this forum.if members refuse to ignore the moderators then warnings can and will be issued to all members of this forum.now as of today we have a good group of members that up to now there has been no problems on this forum. but in the past we have had members who caused problems here on this forum.now i am a easy person to get along with and as i have stated i am moderating on other boards besides this one.i am the type of person who says whats on my mind some people may like this and i do realize that others do not.and i am respected by alot of people from the forums that i moderate.i do realize and respect other members opinions here on this board and any other board.but i do have the right to post my opinions just like you and any other member on this forum.so now is the time to put this thread to bed and move on to other topics.hopefully in the near future we will see the day that we have over 500+ members but this will take time.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
29 Posts
OLYMPIA STADIUM said:
If the ADMIN ever makes you a moderator here than at that time you can say how this forum is run.OTHER members besides you still want to continue this.And as far as me i never broke any rules as you state.now since this is not my area to moderate if it was this thread would have been locked a long time ago.
Don't you see what you're doing? You're AIRING YOUR COMPLAINTS of moderators out in the open.

You're breaking your own rule
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
227 Posts
I think we need that Russian referee from the World Cup soccer game to start issuing yellow cards! :laugh:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
OLYMPIA STADIUM said:
There was no hijacking and no threats here on this forum.if members refuse to ignore the moderators then warnings can and will be issued to all members of this forum.now as of today we have a good group of members that up to now there has been no problems on this forum. but in the past we have had members who caused problems here on this forum.now i am a easy person to get along with and as i have stated i am moderating on other boards besides this one.i am the type of person who says whats on my mind some people may like this and i do realize that others do not.and i am respected by alot of people from the forums that i moderate.i do realize and respect other members opinions here on this board and any other board.but i do have the right to post my opinions just like you and any other member on this forum.so now is the time to put this thread to bed and move on to other topics.hopefully in the near future we will see the day that we have over 500+ members but this will take time.
I'd love to put it to bed, this is like talking to a wall!
It has nothing to do with your opinion! There are several threads where you can, should, and have written novels about the Whalers and how the Cane's are ruining hockey.
For the last time you hijacked the thread entitled "Who's your favorite hurricane" among others with Whalers crap, I called you on it, you sent me the threat in my PM which I have copied and pasted on this thread.
When I LET IT GO as you asked you wrote this gem:
"Looks like all of the people here that are complaining are carolina fans"
__________________
Your right Oly. It's the Carolina fans that are sick of the same tired argument in every Stanley Cup, NHL, Carolina Hurricane, and playoff thread. Say what ever you want, you're entitled to your opinion absolutely, but don't act like your shit doesn't stink and that what your doing isn't Hijacking and threatening those who call you on it by calling "Moderator!" like it's some magic wizard hat.
 
1 - 20 of 33 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top