Hockey Fan Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Banned
961 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Olympia Stadium 1927

In this photo from 1927 you can see the front of the olympia stadium taking shape during the stadiums construction.the arch in the front of the arena would be glass windows until in the late 1950s, the wings will brick up the arch and paint it white with a red wings logo in the center of it.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Where did you get these things? they are so awesome. I love wings History.. This is really cool!

·
Banned
961 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
shanny14 said:
Where did you get these things? they are so awesome. I love wings History.. This is really cool!
I have over the years bought alot of things at card shows.if you love wings history you will love this thread when i really get it going. i have 2 yahoo groups for the olympia stadium. if you are interested in the olympia stadium yahoo groups send me a PM Donald

·
Banned
961 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Here is a photo showing the olympia stadium from its parking lot.when the olympia first opened there were houses here. over the years the red wings bought the houses and tore them down for parking.a street also ran besides the olympia on this side HOOKER street.the wings and visitors lockerooms were also located on this side of the stadium.in the stadiums later years the press box and TV-RADIO booths were moved to this side.this photo was taken in 1986 before the stadiums demolishion.

Attachments

·
Banned
961 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
This is another photo of the olympia stadium taken in 1986 before its demolition. you can see the front of the stadium. the stores in the front of olympia were gone by the early 1960s and the windows were bricked up.in the late 1970s the front street level part of olympia was painted red with red wing logos painted on.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Very cool! I saved them all! the wonders of burning things to a CD! ill have to scan my two old wings pictures in. :D sometime soon...

1 - 20 of 33 Posts