Hockey Fan Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had the rare pleasure of seeing at least 10 Redwing games in the old Olympia Stadium. Mostly standing room. The third deck in one of the end zones made it unique. The mezzanie. They removed it and put in private boxes before they retired the old barn. It's still better than Joe cramped Louis Arena will ever be. I also had the rare privelage of seeing Maple Leaf Gardens as well. Extremely unique. Very differently designed. I have Dansbury mint models of both as well as Chicago Stadium, Boston Gardens, and Madison Square Gardens. I've pestered Dansbury multiple times to make the Montreal Forum to make my collection complete but those marketers haven't been to too many sporting events. Anyways has anyone been to all original six buildings???? It would be cool to read a review of someone who has.

·
Banned
961 Posts
Olympia Stadium

Fighting Champ Probert said:
I had the rare pleasure of seeing at least 10 Redwing games in the old Olympia Stadium. Mostly standing room. The third deck in one of the end zones made it unique. The mezzanie. They removed it and put in private boxes before they retired the old barn. It's still better than Joe cramped Louis Arena will ever be. I also had the rare privelage of seeing Maple Leaf Gardens as well. Extremely unique. Very differently designed. I have Dansbury mint models of both as well as Chicago Stadium, Boston Gardens, and Madison Square Gardens. I've pestered Dansbury multiple times to make the Montreal Forum to make my collection complete but those marketers haven't been to too many sporting events. Anyways has anyone been to all original six buildings???? It would be cool to read a review of someone who has.
The madison square garden that you are talking about is not one of the original 6 arenas. the old MSG was used from 1925-1968.it was torn down in 1968 after the current MSG opened.i was able to make it to all of the original 6 arenas with the exception of the old madison square garden. i did make it to the current MSG and did not like it very much.i have a thread for the olympia stadium in the red wings forum. i also have threads for the other original 6 arenas in those teams forums.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts