Hockey Fan Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How does everyone think that the oilers will have a shot at edging out the flames in the battle of Northwest Division supremecy

·
Registered
6,444 Posts
It'll be close, that's for sure.

And right now, I'm not even really sure if it'll be with Calgary. Minnesota looks good... very good.

·
Registered
6,444 Posts
oilers said:
Guys stop posting stupid threads. I know Oilers cant get 1st spot. It'll be either calgary or Minnesota!
What?! I'm not kidding man. The Oilers are good. Very good. Not great, but they're very good. I really do think that they could win they're division... or at least come close.

They're currently up 4-2 on the Coyotes, and a few Oilers are breaking out of and early season scoring slump while gaining another 2 points in their total. The team has been wavering a bit here and there, but overall they're looking strong, especially Roli.

Their win tonight jumps them to only 1 win back of division leading Minnesota already, and Vancouver just lost to the Stars.

The chances are much greater this year than usual. Maybe last year they could have been better, but they still have a good enough team to give the title quite a run. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
6,444 Posts
Him alone? No. It will hurt them a bit since he's probably the best all-around defenceman in the game today.

Losing both him and Spacek will hurt more though, depending on the occasion. That's 2 holes to fill, and a lot of ice time.

When it comes to the powerplay, thing s should be fine, since Petr Sykora can play the point, and so can Jarret Stoll. Both have great slapshots from that position on the blueline, and with the offence that they have, it should still work out pretty well.

As for 5-on-5 play, I'm not sure. I haven't seen much of Edmonton this year, but it will depend on the play of Greene, Tjarnqvist, and Smid, and if they can fill the gap defencively.

Speaking of which, they're playing the Ducks tonight. ;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts