Hockey Fan Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
26,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
TSN.ca Staff
12/2/2006 9:04:40 PM

Edmonton Oilers winger Ryan Smyth fractured his right thumb in the first period of Saturday's game against the Columbus Blue Jackets.

It is unknown how much time he will miss with the injury.

Smyth leads the Oilers in goals (16) and is second in points (22).

Details to follow.

·
Registered
3,041 Posts
Thats not good for the Oilers Smyth is a HUGE part of their roster. Let's hope he's not out too long.

·
Registered
26,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
UPDATED: Oilers' Smyth out with fractured thumb

TSN.ca Staff
12/2/2006 11:30:17 PM

Edmonton Oilers winger Ryan Smyth fractured his right thumb in the first period of Saturday's game against the Columbus Blue Jackets and is out indefinitely.

Smyth's thumb was fractured when he was chasing after a loose puck and crashed into the boards. He played just two shifts before the injury.

The injury will not require surgery.

FULL STORY

·
Registered
26,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Oilers' Smyth on IR; recall Mikhnov

TSN.ca Staff
12/3/2006 3:33:56 PM

The Edmonton Oilers placed winger Ryan Smyth on the injured reserve list and recalled forward Alexei Mikhnov from the Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins of the American Hockey League.

Smyth suffered a fractured right thumb in the first period of the Oilers' 4-0 loss to the Columbus Blue Jackets on Saturday. Smyth's thumb was fractured when he was chasing after a loose puck and crashed into the boards. He played just two shifts before the injury.

''I couldn't move my thumb,'' Smyth said after the game. ''I had no movement at all. I thought maybe it was dislocated or something.

''I hated to leave. You want to be out there contributing.''

FULL STORY

·
We Are All Canucks
2,485 Posts
He's a great player and i think he should be back in no time. Usually they can play through these type of injuries. He might have a little more trouble stick handling but Im sure he'll come back soon.

·
Registered
268 Posts
oilers said:
He has 16 goals! You should check your mind. You are saying this to Captain of Canadian team. He is a great player and you better not say a word against him.

Do you even have any sense? Grow up.
ooOOoo ... do I sense a little grit??!! a little sensitivity??

<basks in it a while ... ahhhh ... been too too long>

Yo homer ... 'garbage man' is a complementary term. It means Ryan likes to battle in front and make ugly goals. Saying that heez the 'best garbage man' is a very great complement.

Hopefully, we learned a new term today

1 - 8 of 8 Posts