Hockey Fan Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
26,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
(Sports Network) - The red-hot Edmonton Oilers will continue their lengthy homestand tonight, as they open the doors of Rexall Place for the Anaheim Ducks.

The contest will be the first in Edmonton for Ducks defenseman Chris Pronger since he requested to be traded from the Oilers last summer. In his one season with the team, Pronger was the true definition of a workhorse, and he led the team to within one win of the Stanley Cup.

The current Oilers are 4-0 so far in a seven-game residency and have won five straight overall. The recent winning streak has Edmonton locked with Minnesota for first place in the tightly-contested Northwest Division. Each team has 27 points and is just five ahead of last-place Calgary.

Edmonton last played on Friday night against the Chicago Blackhawks. Dwayne Roloson stopped 27 shots to lead the Oilers to a 5-1 victory over Chicago.

Marty Reasoner and Petr Sykora each had a goal and an assist for the Oilers, who have won six of their last seven games.

Edmonton, which improved to 10-2-1 on home ice, scored three goals on its first seven shots to take control of the game.

The Ducks have been hot all year long and could extend their winning streak to three games tonight. Anaheim leads the Pacific Division and Western Conference and is tied with Buffalo for the NHL lead with 40 points.

Anaheim played Sunday evening against the visiting Flames and earned a 5-3 victory thanks in part to a two-goal performance by Teemu Selanne.

FULL STORY

·
Registered
26,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I can't wait to see this game!! I've looked forward to it since he was traded, but with all the hype and everything, it will probably be a dud!! :dunno:

But yeah, funny, but bad taste!! lol At the same time, I understand why their doing it. He will probably play one of his best games ever, because of it!!

·
Registered
3,041 Posts
panoo said:
But yeah, funny, but bad taste!! lol At the same time, I understand why their doing it. He will probably play one of his best games ever, because of it!!
That's true hockey players feed off of that, I wish I was able to watch the game though I think it would be interesting.

·
Registered
26,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Amanda said:
That's true hockey players feed off of that, I wish I was able to watch the game though I think it would be interesting.
I hope it's a good game, for Edmonton's sake anyway!!

You may not be able to watch it, but you can listen to it on the radio, just go here NHLRadio once the game starts, and pick the one for Edmonton.

·
Registered
6,444 Posts
Go Oilers!!! Kick Pronger's butt!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts