Hockey Fan Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
26,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sports Network
1/31/2007 11:05:31 AM

(Sports Network) - The Columbus Blue Jackets aim for their second five-game winning streak of the season tonight, when they visit the Edmonton Oilers at Rexall Place.

Columbus earned its latest victory in dramatic fashion on Tuesday, as Nikolai Zherdev netted the deciding goal in a shootout to lead the Blue Jackets to a 3-2 triumph in Vancouver.

Zherdev, who had missed the previous game due to flu-like symptoms, gave Columbus the win right after Ty Conklin made a pad save on Vancouver's Josh Green. Zherdev fired a forehand shot, beating Roberto Luongo low to the glove side.

David Vyborny also scored in the shootout for the Blue Jackets, while Anson Carter netted the 200th goal of his NHL career in regulation. Dan Fritsche scored the other Columbus goal.

Conklin was subbing for Fredrik Norrena, who is bothered by a groin injury and unlikely to be available tonight.

The Blue Jackets, who are 11 points away from the last playoff spot in the Western Conference, previously won five straight games from December 2-12.

Tonight marks the middle portion of a three-game road trip for Columbus, which is 9-15-2 as the visitor this year.

The Oilers, meanwhile, are closing out a five-game homestand tonight. Edmonton is 2-2-0 so far in the residency and earned a win in its last game, a 4-3 decision over Los Angeles on Saturday.

FULL STORY

·
Registered
2,455 Posts
datsyukdangler1 said:
It would be nice to see Columbus win. I'm not a huge fan of Edmonton, but I never really used to like the Jackets until as of late.
I'm quickly becoming a fan of the BlueJackets as well.

Edmonton better be careful, they can't afford to loose points especially to a weaker team in their conference at home.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts