Hockey Fan Forums banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,541 Posts
Okay, this may actually be the oddest draft, Fowler and Gormley are stillno0t there, couldn't Atlanta have traded down?

·
Premium Member
2,170 Posts
I wonder what Fowler went through,and Gormley while dropping that much. Fowler will have to attempt to fill the shoes of Niedermayer. Which will not be easy.

·
Premium Member
666 Posts
Strange pick draft, as a Stars fan at least. I was breathing hard and wide eyed when I say that Fowler and Gormley were still available. Then Joe gets up there and selects Jack Campbell. While I realize that this is a smart pick as Lehtonen is oft-injured and inconsistent, I still don't understand why Fowler or Gormley were not selected. Dallas' biggest need if their defense. Their defense is absolutely horrid. Fowler or Gormley would have been a great building block for rebuilding our defense.

·
Premium Member
2,441 Posts
Mark Visentin was so far off the board. Good goaltender though.

The Coyotes seem to like going off the board with their second first round picks. Viktor Tikhonov was pretty far off the board in 2008 as well.
You said it. I was shocked. He was my 4th ranked goalie. I was pretty shocked.

·
Registered
121 Posts
firstly the coyotes have made steal of the first round with gormley at 13th.
think the coyotes first round draft picks where interesing, gormley was a major shock to still be there at 13th pick, he was the best player lefted at the time. as for Mark Visentin well if the coyotes wanted a goalie why pick this guy? pickard was still there, anyway the scounts must see something in him......

·
Premium Member
4,519 Posts
Interesting to me that there are a couple reports out there that the Buffalo Sabres were quite upset when the Wings selected Sheahan. Makes me feel a little better about the pick, despite the fact that I was hoping for either Etem, Pysyk, or Kuznetsov. I was pretty surprised that Coyle, Visentin, Hayes, McIlrath, Hishon, and Schwartz went as early as they did, and that Fowler, Gormley and Etem went as late as they did.

Still some pretty promising players on the board, and Florida and Chicago are going to benefit because of it and how many picks they have in the second round. I expect one of those two teams will take Kabanov. But if Kabanov falls to 51, I really hope the Wings roll the dice on him.

·
Registered
3,799 Posts
Interesting to me that there are a couple reports out there that the Buffalo Sabres were quite upset when the Wings selected Sheahan. Makes me feel a little better about the pick, despite the fact that I was hoping for either Etem, Pysyk, or Kuznetsov. I was pretty surprised that Coyle, Visentin, Hayes, McIlrath, Hishon, and Schwartz went as early as they did, and that Fowler, Gormley and Etem went as late as they did.

Still some pretty promising players on the board, and Florida and Chicago are going to benefit because of it and how many picks they have in the second round. I expect one of those two teams will take Kabanov. But if Kabanov falls to 51, I really hope the Wings roll the dice on him.
Makes me happy that you wanted Pysyk on your team :D

21 - 28 of 28 Posts