Hockey Fan Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All discussion regarding the upcoming NHL 2010 Entry Draft in Los Angeles can be posted here.

Rookie evaluations, combine discussion, round by round predictions and live discussions as the draft is underway on the 25th-26th June.

·
Premium Member
2,541 Posts
Right now I hoping that if the leafs can't move up in the draft they make their first pick Jakub Culek and if they can move Kaberle for a bottom first or early second rounder then I hope we get Petr Straka, for later round players they seem to haver a lot of potential

·
Premium Member
2,441 Posts
Offical NHL 2010 Entry Draft Thread

Just thought I'd start this being that the draft starts tomorrow. Just want to know everyones input, who you think will go where, who you want you teams to pic. etc.

·
Premium Member
2,441 Posts
I am hoping that Edmonton will take Seguin, so that the Bruins can take Hall. I actually have a good feeling that Edmonton will take Seguin, despite the odds against it.
It's always nice to be the 2nd pick in this situation. Because the Oilers will do the hard part and the Bruins will have almost no choice but to take the other.

·
Premium Member
2,170 Posts
Yes,it's upto Edmonton. Boston will take the other one,let it be Seguin or Hall. I think any one of those the Bruins will be pleased to have acquired while in Edmonton that's a different story.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Yes,it's upto Edmonton. Boston will take the other one,let it be Seguin or Hall. I think any one of those the Bruins will be pleased to have acquired while in Edmonton that's a different story.
Yup. We have the 2nd overall pick, so we either get the 2nd best player, as it should be, or we get the best player. Edmonton on the other hand, could get the 2nd best player... which would be a disappointment, albeit most likely a slight one.

·
Premium Member
2,170 Posts
Yup. We have the 2nd overall pick, so we either get the 2nd best player, as it should be, or we get the best player. Edmonton on the other hand, could get the 2nd best player... which would be a disappointment, albeit most likely a slight one.
Yes,the decision is more important from the Oilers side, whether they chose the playmaker or scorer. In your opinion guys,what do you think the Oilers are in need of? A playmaker or scorer?

·
Registered
3,799 Posts
Buffalo's draft postions

1st round:23rd
2nd round:No drafts
3rd round:8th
4th round:8th
5th round:23rd
6th round:23rd
7th round:23rd

·
Premium Member
2,441 Posts
If they are there, I would like the Caps to Take either Mcllrath, Kabanov or McFarland. Mcllrath, and McFarland for team needs. And if Kabanov is there, I just don't think I could pass on him. But we'll see how the Caps take it.

·
Premium Member
6,394 Posts
How do you think 3-5 is going to work? Think the 3 defenders are going to get taken in there? Which one is the best... I haven't been too focused on the really.
It's basically a take-your-pick at this point and there isn't a consensus best. Gormley thinks the game incredibly well but doesn't have great size so he gets by with positioning and stick play and is the most well-rounded of the three. Gudbranson is the most NHL-ready physically and has a reservoir of untapped offensive upside. Fowler is listed at 190, but appears to be somewhere closer to 175, regardless, his offensive game is phenomenal.

I would put the three defensemen being taken there, but I wouldn't be surprised to see Connolly sneak in there if a team is particularly high on him.

·
Premium Member
2,541 Posts
Not too mention Gubrannsonn is ranked amongst NA Skaters 4th as well, and I could see Florida picking him just because of his size and physical presence. With Kulikov, McCabe and Hamhuis, a strong defensive minded D-man could go a long way in Florida.

Question I know today's draft is streamed on tsn.ca but does anyone know where I can see tomorrows draft streamed? I really want to see rounds 2-7.

·
Premium Member
788 Posts
Hall or Seguin? The answer will be revealed in a few minutes.

If the Oilers select some random person, I will be pissed.

·
Premium Member
788 Posts
Waiting as Bettman talks his ass off...
Thought he said "There's been a trade."
Thank God he was booed.
Everybody's walking up.
And now Tambi's talking his ass off.
With the first pick of the 2010 NHL Entry Draft, the Edmonton Oilers select... Taylor Hall.

EDIT: Damn you. I was ninja'd.

·
Premium Member
788 Posts
With the second pick of the 2010 NHL Entry Draft, the Boston Bruins select... Tyler Seguin. Which means that I've made $1200 so far.

·
Premium Member
788 Posts
Lost $200 on the Grubby pick, gained 500 on the next two picks: Johansen, Niederreiter. Then, I won 750 on Connoly.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts