Hockey Fan Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What did he do that was so Peace like? said He would close gautama bay? start letting US Soldiers out of Iraq/Afgan?
Words my friends? nothing has been done im my eyes that peaceful..

·
Registered
987 Posts
This is an even bigger joke when you consider that obama took office on Jan 20 and the nominations were closed on Jan 31. He was president for all of 12 days.

Just another example of what a joke this award has become.

yassir arafat, jimmy carter, and now this. :y

·
Premium Member
5,708 Posts
Seems like it is a case being awarded the Peace prize for trying to undo what Bush was doing. Seems like another Euro jab at the previous president.

·
Premium Member
6,394 Posts
How about he serves a full year of a at least four year job before we name him the greatest thing since sliced bread. very premature.
Not necessarily waiting a year, but if he had started on what he promised then I would actually consider this a pretty good selection. However, selecting someone based on a promise is ridiculous.

Unless they're completely basing it off of America's improved image in the international scope.:dunno:

·
Premium Member
4,318 Posts
Seems like it is a case being awarded the Peace prize for trying to undo what Bush was doing. Seems like another Euro jab at the previous president.
An 8 year old dyslexic kid could have done a better job than Dubyah.......

As for the award it has been given way too prematurely.

·
Premium Member
2,728 Posts
Agreed with the masses here. Ridicules.

On a lighter note, not often both the left and the right agree on something political. :laugh:

rb

·
Premium Member
482 Posts
Isn't it amazing that the nominations ended in something like February, when he had been in office for about a month?
When I heard that, I was all :confused:

·
Premium Member
482 Posts
They did, but since they're giving him an award based on his promises, does it really matter how long he was in office? ;)
I shall single-handedly end world hunger.
Where's my Nobel Prize??

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
correct me if im wrong. Didnt Obama even say him self He didnt do anything to deserve it or did he say he did know he was going to get it Im pretty sure he said one of those

·
Premium Member
6,394 Posts
correct me if im wrong. Didnt Obama even say him self He didnt do anything to deserve it or did he say he did know he was going to get it Im pretty sure he said one of those
I'm pretty sure he's said both those things. He found out from some reporter calling the White House. The Nobel committee contacted him a day later or something like that.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
This was not very well thought.. I mean Comon the guys been in the office how long? has he REALLY done anything to deserve this award? I fell there are going to be times in his presidency that will show that it was the right choice just like what the other guys were saying "premature" I agree with that.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts