Hockey Fan Forums banner

41 - 60 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
4,679 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
Ratkiler4 said:
I watched that game....wow you guys are so lucky to have Lundquist as your goali, he gift raped that game for you. NY gave up the puck like 4 times, and Lunquist comes to bail them out. Plus NY just played good in the first, after that they played so bad, they had no enegery whatso ever. Tampa was all over them and could have scored a few more if it wasnt for lundquist.

And my god is Hossa a useless player, he cant pass, and he is a horrible shooter.

i dont like hossa at all its like he is in slow motion when he gets the puck.

by the way this was just an average game for lundquist which is still strong by all counts, but i have seen him play even beter.

GENERAL™ said:
Nylander a healthy scratch... aside from the win, think it was a good move?
i was wondering when coach tom was gona bench him, he has been giving up the puck of late leading to goals and just hasnt been what we seen of him durring the first 28 games. dumb peneltys led to his benching and the good thing is he did not complain about it and took it like a professional. i think he will be ok.

·
Registered
4,679 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
take away the penelties and power play goals the sens scored on it was pretty evenly. the shots on goal were close.

i dont care how great you can kill off the penelty ottawa is just plain out awsome on the pp. and this is were the rangers lost the game.

plus weekes has never beaten them and he was just awfull. lundquist faired a little beter after the change. i dont know why tom keeps on starting weekes.

if coach tom keeps on starting weekes we will soon be out of the playoff hunt and in the running to draft phil kessel.

its time to send hossa to hartford and try this nigel dawes out. i can slow mo hossa on my telacast and you would not know if it was slow mo or not.

also i would like them to bring up thomas pock.

ottawa really looks like a cup contender and should be taken more serious.

·
Registered
4,679 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
Tonight at the Nassau Mussalium the Rangers destroyed there arch rivals the islanders 6-2

jagr straka and nylander combined for 12 points at 4 each. jagr now has 59 points on the season.

Prucha also scored agan and has 18 goals now 3 behind alexander ovechkin of washington for the rookie lead in goal scoring.

Tom Poti also scored and is continuing to play beter each game. lets hope his play continues.

Lundquist also had a solid outing.

Rangers have now won 2 of there last 3 after a short losing streak before the holiday.

They have come back this season from losing streaks not like in seasons past. this is showing me they can fight the adversity with what comes with losing. good teams can do this.

i still project the rangers to make the playoffs and to all the hockey press who doubted them i have one thing for you all. :haha:

·
Registered
197 Posts
KRYPT1968 said:
Tonight at the Nassau Mussalium the Rangers destroyed there arch rivals the islanders 6-2

jagr straka and nylander combined for 12 points at 4 each. jagr now has 59 points on the season.

Prucha also scored agan and has 18 goals now 3 behind alexander ovechkin of washington for the rookie lead in goal scoring.

Tom Poti also scored and is continuing to play beter each game. lets hope his play continues.

Lundquist also had a solid outing.

Rangers have now won 2 of there last 3 after a short losing streak before the holiday.

They have come back this season from losing streaks not like in seasons past. this is showing me they can fight the adversity with what comes with losing. good teams can do this.

i still project the rangers to make the playoffs and to all the hockey press who doubted them i have one thing for you all. :haha:
Amen to that my friend. In my mind Prucha is probably the best rookie out there followed by Alexander Ovechkin. Crosby- a distant third.

This season for the Rangers is turning into one to remember for the Rangers. Lets go Blue Shirts!

·
Registered
4,679 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
Montana_pondhockey said:
Amen to that my friend. In my mind Prucha is probably the best rookie out there followed by Alexander Ovechkin. Crosby- a distant third.

This season for the Rangers is turning into one to remember for the Rangers. Lets go Blue Shirts!

i just said this in another rangers thread dont forget lundquist is also a rookie with 14-5 record and gets my vote.

even over prucha and i know he has won us some games also.

·
Registered
358 Posts
I went to the Ranger game last night at NC, to my surprise Ranger fans outnumber Islander fans by a wide margin. Great game to watch live too, I had 3rd row seats in the right corner. The Ranger crowd just exploded in the 3rd period

·
Registered
4,679 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
NyR424 said:
I went to the Ranger game last night at NC, to my surprise Ranger fans outnumber Islander fans by a wide margin. Great game to watch live too, I had 3rd row seats in the right corner. The Ranger crowd just exploded in the 3rd period

Living on long island for my 37 years of life i noticed that at least half of the islanders only supported there team when in fact they were winning. in my mind not a true fan of hockey.

Rangers fans will always out number the islanders fans. this is cause we are true hockey fans. :0pouce:

·
Registered
197 Posts
Some more about the Rangers latest victory

NY Rangers 6, NY Islanders 2
NY Rangers 6, NY Islanders 2

Preview - Box Score - Recap

December 28, 2005

AP - Dec 28, 10:00 pm EST

UNIONDALE, N.Y. (AP) -- The New York Rangers have relied on Jaromir Jagr to provide a huge chunk of their early-season offense.

Jagr and his linemates came through in a big way against the rival Islanders.

Jagr had a goal and three assists, and the Rangers erased an early deficit by scoring the final six goals in a 6-2 victory over the Islanders on Wednesday night.

Martin Straka scored twice in the final period, and Petr Prucha, Tom Poti and Michael Nylander also had goals for the Rangers, who had lost four of five. The line of Jagr, Straka and Nylander combined for 12 points -- each player netting four points.

"In order to win games, your top line has to score," Jagr said. "Some nights, it works for us, and tonight was one of those nights."

The goaltending was solid, too, as Henrik Lundqvist turned aside 23 shots to improve to 14-5.

Straka snapped a 2-2 tie when he took a pass from Jagr while standing alone in the slot. His quick one-timer beat Rick DiPietro at 6:13. Poti scored his second of the season 1:42 later during a power play, Nylander added a breakaway goal at 12:26, and Straka scored his second of the game at 13:50.

It was one of those all too familiar nights for the Islanders, as well.

"We've got the guys who can do it (win)," defenseman Brad Lukowich said. "We've got guys with skill. But we have to put a check on our commitment. It's time to start getting in the trenches. We haven't been doing that for 40 games, and that's unacceptable."

Mark Parrish and Trent Hunter gave the Islanders (17-17-2) a 2-0 lead in the first period, but that was gone before the intermission. DiPietro made 22 saves for the Islanders, who have lost three straight for the first time this season. They also allowed six goals in a loss at Buffalo on Monday.

Islanders coach Steve Stirling didn't speak to reporters until 30 minutes after the final buzzer because he was on the phone with general manager Mike Milbury, who is in Canada.

Stirling tried to put a positive spin on his team's latest loss.

AP - Dec 28, 10:00 pm EST
More Photos

"I thought for the most part, the effort was there," he said. "We played well for 50 minutes. We're showing progress, even if it's in baby steps."

Parrish put the Islanders up 1-0 just 2:12 in when he tipped Janne Niinimaa's left-point slap shot past Lundqvist. Hunter made it 2-0 at 7:09 when his left circle wrist shot ricocheted in off Lundqvist's arm.

Prucha answered for the Rangers 70 seconds later on a breakaway, firing in a high wrist shot from in tight. Jagr tied it at 12:32 off a rebound.

New York lost 6-2 at Ottawa on Monday after snapping a three-game losing streak with a home victory over Tampa Bay last Thursday.

"Monday night, we weren't thinking," Jagr said. "Tonight, the two goals they scored were not because of mental breakdowns. They were goals that just happened."

Stirling kept disregarding the last two goals as a result of playing catch-up hockey and getting caught, and felt the Islanders performed well.

"We deserved better," Stirling said. "I thought we played pretty well."

Lukowich, a member of the 2004 Stanley Cup champion Tampa Bay Lightning, disagreed.

"We have to hold ourselves more accountable," Lukowich said. "Two years ago, I played on a team that went 1-10 in January and went on to win the Stanley Cup. We had good character guys. We have good character guys here. We just have to rise to the challenge and have to push each other."

Notes

The Islanders have allowed 18 power-play goals in the last 70 short-handed chances. They have allowed at least one man-advantage goal in nine straight games, and are last in the NHL in home penalty killing (26-114, 77.2 percent). ... The Rangers have lost only 38 man-games to injuries this season. ... The game was a sellout at 16,234. It was just the second full house at home for the Islanders, who also had a sellout on opening night against Carolina. ... The previous Islanders-Rangers game at Nassau Coliseum this season was 357 fans short of capacity. ... The Islanders are 2-2 against the Rangers this season.

Tomorrow we play bottom-dwelling Pittsburgh, they looked kida sluggish last night against the New Jersey Devils, despite their win.

I am predicting:

:nyr 4

:pit 1

·
Registered
4,679 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
ewwwwwwwwwww 4-3 ot loss to the penguins.

hey but at least flyers lost also and that is great. :0pouce:

we should be rooting for the penguins anyway who the hell wants them to be in the running for the #1 pick this year and draft kessel? i sure as hell dont wana see him in pitt.

Well 2nd place in the eastern confrence at new years i would of never though was possible.

Thanks to the rangers for an exciting unexpected 2005 start. :0pouce:

·
Registered
4,679 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
flyersnhl said:
Yeah, Brashear will definitely go after him. Richards might too. Oh, this is gonna be good. :haha:

yes it was better then good it was great. 6-1 win for the rangers. :haha:

·
Premium Member
4,349 Posts
Jagr will score a goal and one assist tonight, but will otherwise be shut down(As he always is) by chara. Putting him one point behind Joe, and one goal behind cheechoo:)

41 - 60 of 68 Posts