Hockey Fan Forums banner

1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
4,679 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Rangers vs Bruins

Great now we have a 2 game winning streak after losing 2 in a row to toronto and carolina, they have rebounded nicely. past rangers teams would have just kept losing, they keep on suprising me. :0pouce:

rangers score a 3-2 win tonight vs the bruins on the power of jagrs 1 goal and 2 assist and the goaltending of lundquist.

·
Registered
358 Posts
I dont know about other Ranger fans, but I simply cant stand the call of Mike Crispino on MSG. Why does Sam have to do those football games!

Anyway, this was one of those games that could have gone either way. No one team outplayed the other, so it really could have gone either way in my opinion. Actually, the GW goal by Ville wasnt what you call...a solid goal. Even though it was a good effort, the goalie should have had it. I didnt even see the puck go over the line untill the replay.

·
Registered
4,679 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
NyR424 said:
I dont know about other Ranger fans, but I simply cant stand the call of Mike Crispino on MSG. Why does Sam have to do those football games!

Anyway, this was one of those games that could have gone either way. No one team outplayed the other, so it really could have gone either way in my opinion. Actually, the GW goal by Ville wasnt what you call...a solid goal. Even though it was a good effort, the goalie should have had it. I didnt even see the puck go over the line untill the replay.

i also dont like crispino and his annoying voice.

i dont know about other rangers fans also, but at times i feel lonely here in the rangers threads.

·
Registered
4,679 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nice win by the rangers close game played by both teams. with the rangers winning in the shootout scoring on 3 chances to the sabres 2.

record is now 14-7-3 :0pouce:

would love to see what the hockey critics are saying now. :haha:

·
Registered
4,679 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Rangers vs Thrashers

Nice team effort, lets hope weekes is ok. if not we will do as well with lundquist.

record is now 15-7-3 :0pouce:

jagr goal + assist

·
Registered
42 Posts
it really helped that kovalchuck was off his game tonight , he didnt really do anything.

plus did you see marcel hossa's pass to betts..........sweet f*cking goal :0pouce:

·
Registered
4,679 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I like hosa alot. i think with increaed ice time his game could improve alot. he seems like one of those players who thrives when gave more time.

·
Registered
42 Posts
amazing shootout , 15 rounds , and of all people . MAREK MALIK PUTS IT BETWEEN HIS LEGS AND SCORES :haha: awesome game

·
Registered
16 Posts
Wow, that was hillarious, he's last person i'd ever expect to do that.
They got lucky though, great game from Lundqvist, they got outplayed most of the game.

·
Registered
4,679 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
WELL GREAT THE RANGERS WON THE GAME, HOWEVER NOT ONE OF THERE BETER GAMES PLAYED OF LATE BUT WITH THAT BEING WITH 26 GAMES THE MOST PLAYED AMONG NHL TEAM. THEY WILL NOW GET A MUCH NEEDED DESERVED REST FOR 4 DAYS.

THEY LOOKED SLOW TONIGHT AT TIMES.

BUT PART OF BEING A WINNING TEAM IS TO PULL OUT WINS LIKE THIS.

OLAF WAS TOTALLY FOOLED ON THAT GOAL BY MALIK SHOOTING WITH HIS STICK BETWEEN HIS LEGS AND BACK SKATE. AMAZING PLAY. :0pouce:

16-7-3 RECORD NOW :0pouce:

Please stop typing in all caps. This is not the first time I've seen you do this.

·
Registered
4,679 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Rangers vs wild recap

Rangers beat the wild 3-1 capped by petr prucha's 2 goals and a solid effort by lundquist. :0pouce:

i know we dont have a crosby or an ovechkin on our team but we do have 2 real great rookies in lundquist and prucha.

prucha 9 goals 3 assist 12 points (2 shootout winners)

lundquist 10-4 record

rangers record 18-8-3

·
Registered
19 Posts
yeh, the rangers are playing well. it seems that they haven't been affected by the loss at all. hopefully they can keep it up.

one correction, lundqvist is 11-4-2 with 2.13 GAA, .927 SV%

i only hope that the rangers can keep this up throughout rest of season and that the flyers, with 4 games in hand, dont catch up and beat us. finishing first in division would be sweet and guarantee a top 3 playoff spot and home ice advantage.

lets hope rangers roll through december same as november and head into the playoffs as one of the best in conference and, why not, the league.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Did anyone else get bored with that shootout as it went on?

As more and more players went, and the skill level dropped, some of the moves/shots were pretty weak. Granted, Malik's move made me jump out of my chair, clapping and laughing, but honestly, the league may want to revisit the rule that each player must go once before anyone can go for a second time.

Does anyone else feel the same way? Maybe set a limit, like 5 or 10 players must go before a player can go a second time? If the league is trying to promote its top players, and skill, they are better off having the skilled players shooting more in the shootouts.

·
Registered
4,679 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
GENERAL™ said:
Does anyone else feel the same way? Maybe set a limit, like 5 or 10 players must go before a player can go a second time? If the league is trying to promote its top players, and skill, they are better off having the skilled players shooting more in the shootouts.

then the worse would have the unfair advantage again if a teams top 3 is beter then the others. some teams become more evenly matched when going more into the lineup's. the shootout was to give each team a even oppertunity to win the game.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I thought the shootout was to settle ties quickly, and to entertain the fans while doing it.

And while Malik certainly entertained the fans, I just felt like once the talent level drops in a shootout, the attempts on goal are pretty weak.

But, its so new to the game, I guess it will take time for the NHL to review it, and decide if they want to stick with it the way it is, tweak it, or lose the shootout.

1 - 20 of 68 Posts