Hockey Fan Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
3,799 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thoughts,and predictions on what will NHL 12 look like?

·
Premium Member
5,661 Posts
One thing I'd like to see them do is something similar to Teambuilder in the NCAA Football series. Allow people to customize their own teams (location, team name, uniforms, roster, etc.) from home (or even on their system) and upload them. The current version of Create A Team is too limited. For that matter, Create A Player could be expanded a bit too.

I think they need to work on the drafting system as well. They keep recycling the same names over and over, and the ratings themselves are out of whack. It just gets annoying.

Other than that I don't see anything major they need to change. Just some tweaks here and there.

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
Skills competition guys ? O: I'd love to see that. Also everything Devil said would be helpful. Like the fact Hall hits a 98 overall at times is ridiculous ... He was better then Crosby and Ovechkin ... Also bring back the Dangler type. I loved using them O:

·
Premium Member
2,170 Posts
You cab become a dangler with being a sniper too;).

As for the changes,I don't know but i can't wait for it to release.

·
Registered
309 Posts
One thing that I'd like to see is after play has stopped. In NHL11 when one of their players starts pushing you, you can't even get a hit in and you can only cycle through players that are near the puck to help out. I'd like to be able to hit back and fight and also be able to freely cycle to any player I have on the ice.
Also like to see suspensions make more of an appearance.

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
One thing that I'd like to see is after play has stopped. In NHL11 when one of their players starts pushing you, you can't even get a hit in and you can only cycle through players that are near the puck to help out. I'd like to be able to hit back and fight and also be able to freely cycle to any player I have on the ice.
Also like to see suspensions make more of an appearance.
How about if someone takes a run at you after the whistle there are more roughing penalties ? Because i usually don't do anything after the whistle and i get leveled and im like wdfudge no penalty ?

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
You cab become a dangler with being a sniper too;).

As for the changes,I don't know but i can't wait for it to release.
Yeah snipers can dangle but theres not enough of a defensive game there for my liking. I liked Danglers because i found them to be the best balance of offense and defense for my style

·
Premium Member
2,170 Posts
How about if someone takes a run at you after the whistle there are more roughing penalties ? Because i usually don't do anything after the whistle and i get leveled and im like wdfudge no penalty ?
Well,nail 'em back;).

I think hitting even after the whistle causes intimidation,however I could be wrong.

·
Premium Member
6,394 Posts
I can't stand guys that do that online. I just want to play the game, I don't want to get into a pissing match after the whistle.

I think hitting even after the whistle causes intimidation,however I could be wrong.
Which does.. what exactly? I've never noticed an actual difference in games where I get hit after every whistle and those in which we both just want to play the game.

·
Premium Member
2,170 Posts
Yeah,I don't know either but once I switched from sniper to TWF,it's now much more difficult to knock me out. I get annoyed with goons who have no skill but 99 bodychecking.

·
Registered
3,799 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'd like to see people go flying into the benches! also make players helmets, and gloves fall off in a game. More Celebrations, better cup celebrations, and control your guy with the cup and pass it around. Goalie Fights! Different stick tape-ing styles(for example tape half of your stick blade). And different models to create your online guy.

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
Probably no line brawls but goalie fights would be epic :) I also like Sabres idea of players going flying into benches. There have been quite a few times where i went to hit someone and they should have gone tumbling into the benches but instead it was just like they hit an invisible wall.

·
Registered
3,799 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Probably no line brawls but goalie fights would be epic :) I also like Sabres idea of players going flying into benches. There have been quite a few times where i went to hit someone and they should have gone tumbling into the benches but instead it was just like they hit an invisible wall.
Haha, yup, on some of my hits they should of been out of the rink i hit them so hard! :laugh::laugh:

·
Registered
3,799 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Well,nail 'em back;).

lol I just do it for fun but when I'm a sniper and can't drop people I'll duck down and go off to the side lol.

·
Registered
3,799 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

·
Premium Member
1,164 Posts
Just watching all the videos on youtube. Looks great. I think i'll be getting this even though i've only just finished my first season in NHL11
Agreed. I'm only just now completing my first GM season in '11, but with those new features, '12 is gonna be hard to resist.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts