Hockey Fan Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
961 Posts
Quiet

NICEGUY said:
What happened to all the detroit fans, did you all hit the golf course? :laugh:

Come out come out, dont let the nice weather keep you away :)
You are right about it being very quiet here since the red wings lost.i have been sick for a few days and also i am going to get a new computer later this month, my 10 year old compaq LTE 5300 is on its last leg.and i am hoping to get away from dial up with the new computer.

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
NICEGUY said:
What happened to all the detroit fans, did you all hit the golf course?

Come out come out, dont let the nice weather keep you awayQUOTE]

Im still lurking around here.. there is nothing to post about:dunno: so why in the heck woudl i post.. but here is my theory on detroit.. this is as good of place as any to put it....

so here nice guy.. something for all wings fans.. including you to think about...

and this is just my random thoughts.. but here they are....

you know what! This is my theory.....

Steve Yzerman will retire, but this is what will go down...

There will only be a few core players kept... such as datsyuk and shanahan (kenny said those two were a lock.* I think we will keep chelios and Lidstrom, im hoping to keep schnider... and hopefully hank....

But i think we will see alot of the older players get cut out. I think they will clean house this summer.. because we need what detroit used to be which was/ is a speed and puck possession team, and a pass, shoot score thing as well!

Yzerman will be in the head office.. its time for devellano to say goodbye.. hes had a great run in office.. but its stevies turn!

I think we can kiss both goaltenders goodbye as well.. what did ozzie do for detroit? not much....

Manny.. well he did have a great regular season.. but has had two play off round quick exits!!! we cannot afford this anymore.. He will sadly, be a lead goaltender for some other hockey club.

stevie yzerman will not get a ring as a captain.. but he will get one as a GM.. cause in all reality GM's get a championship ring as well...

and lets get real here... Yzerman knows the game... deeper than holland or devellano could comprehend! really we do need him in office - with as much as I will miss ..19 and always love him.. its time that he helps our club from up above...

I will so miss the man that wore the C over his 22 year career.. he will forever be missed on that ice.. but remember the good times.. the smiles... the first time he won the cup .. ill never forget it. his big smile lit up the room.. more than the flash bulbs from the cameras going off around him.. he was and will always be the captain.. but the captain from up above now....

cause that C will be passed on to the next detroit captain.. and what an honor that will be..

well anyway, just my thoughts.. ttyl. *manda*

Your Thoughts? if any of you would like to share yours?:cheeky4: ;)

·
Registered
52 Posts
I don’t think Detroit has to completely clean house, but changes definitely need to be made. I would not mind seeing some big physical forwards added to the 06-07 roster who can battle low in the offensive corners. As for goaltending I would be sad to see Legace traded. If you watched the Detroit-Edmonton series there was no doubt Manny had some goals go in that could have been stopped. As for other goals the defense did not do its job of clearing rebounds and Oilers standing in front of the net untouched. i.e. the game winning goal of game 6 .Also the Wings have Howard (who is 22 years old) on their farm team who seems to have potential to be a great NHL goalie in the near future. As for Yzerman, it will be a sad day when he hangs up his skates. I agree his knowledge of the game and leadership would make him a great GM. considering his leadership skills and the respect other players have for him, I would like to see Stevie behind the bench as the head coach of the Red Wings. Stevie Y is truly a living legend, even though his years as a Red Wings player might be over he still has potential in other aspects of the game.

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
I have heard stevie say many times in interviews that he wants to be a Gm. it would be cool to see him as coach.. but i dont think it will happen because as he has said.. its a real strain...

but, ya like i said i feel that they will have to clean up a bit.. we have alot of younger talent coming in.. those who didnt do well, the exception of datsy may get cut.. thats sad.. but i feel true.

why keep someone / something that isnt affective for your hockey club? really!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts