Hockey Fan Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just noticed that no one has put anything about Nashville so here goes, What do you guys think about this team, I think its pretty good? 8)

·
Registered
2,698 Posts
Since they've drafted many players from my home WHL team (Kamloops Blazers) I tend to take quite an interest in them. Scottie Upshall, Paul Brown, Josh Morrow are all recent draft picks by the Predators.

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
I don't really care for this team. They have done nothing great. I bet that most of us here can barely name 10 players from this team, or know little about the players.

·
Registered
2,698 Posts
I can name their drafted players. They have by far the best prospects in the league. Go ahead and argue, I'm up for showing the facts.

It's only a matter of time, they're an up and coming team. Watch out!

·
Registered
3,489 Posts
kellyschulz said:
I just noticed that no one has put anything about Nashville so here goes, What do you guys think about this team, I think its pretty good? 8)
Hahahaha....I was going to put something in just so there would be a thread started in the Nashville slot (you beat me to it)...but I couldn't think of a damned thing to say other than, "they have the ugliest 3rd jerseys in the League"

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Haha, ya those sweaters must be drenched in mustard with a logo stuck on it. But, I must say, it's more creative than Colorado's. :p

·
Registered
2,698 Posts
A few of Nashville's prospects:

Scottie Upshall: Canadian Captain for the World Jr's; CHL and WHL Rookie of the year 2000-2001.

Dan Hamhuis: Named CHL Defenseman of the year; WHL Player of the year.

Tomas Slovak: Led WHL with 20 assists in 19 playoff games for Kelowna; Led Defenseman in scoring and assists in WHL; Ranked 4th in Central's Scouting

Jordin Tootoo: Played in World Jr's; Led Brandon with 74 pts; Recorded 18 multi-point games; 12 three point games.

Timofei Shishkanov: played for gold-medal winning Russia in world jr's. played with ilya kovalchuk recording 123 pts in 2000-2001

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
canadianinput said:
this is an awful team, going nowhere awfully quick. the west is way way too deep for this franchise to pose any kind of threat any time soon.
I think they are slowly developing.....very very slowly.

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
2 years ago i realy liked the team,they were heading into the right way,but now i think there starting to lose there "potiential"

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
I like Vokoun..

This guy is a underrated, good goalie.

Canucks were going to trade for him a year ago, but it fell through. If he were on the Canucks..they would go far.

If he was on the Avs, look out. I'd take him over Absechier any day He is totally underrated.

·
Registered
2,698 Posts
I agree with Vokoun. The guy faces 40-shots per game and gives his team a chance to win the game. Unfortunetly their offense is unable to capitalize forcing Vokoun to stand on his head for 60 minutes.

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Yup Vokoun is very underated. He took over when Dunham (who is also underated), left to NYR, and everyone thought that he couldn't handle it. But he does and he wokrs very hard.

·
Registered
766 Posts
I hate Nashville even though I go to there games. But I do that either because of good seats or a team I like plays them.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Well despite that comment right above this, I think the Nashville organization is doing great. They have excellent fan support and have gotten the whole town of nashville excited about hockey.. but they still lost to the wings! :p

1 - 20 of 23 Posts