Hockey Fan Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Nobody here follows the top developmental league for the 'N' ? Good talent and a lot more passionate than the 'N'.

I live 1/2 hr from Hershey and have seen about 10 games this year.Philly,Norfolk,Portland,Wilkes/Barre,Bridgeport and Albany.Planning on going to sundays game with Grand Rapids.

Have seen a quite few guys over the years move on to be stars in the Big Top.About 10 yrs ago I caught the AHL All-Star game.Have a roster buried somewhere in the basement but can remember Steve Sullivan,Pavol Demitra and Ken Belanger played.

Remember Don Marcotte from the Big Bad Bruins,not a fighter but one of the top defensive forwards in the NHL when he made it up.

I can remember such noted loonies as Gary Rissling and Archie Henderson who was a giant at that time,6-4 224 lbs.Also saw Larry Playfair who many more knowledgable than myself have ranked on the top ten all-time fighters list.

Don Edwards stands out in my mind as a goaltender.

410 Posts
I don't follow the AHL. It's more of a defensive league. I've seen the Manitoba Moose play once since they are Vancouver's farm team (Vancouver is my favourite team nowadays.) I heard Eric Nystrom and Robert Nilsson are amazing in it though. I'm going to have to check it out. By the way, didn't Hamilton have a great season three years ago? They were certainly dominant at that time.

·
Registered
229 Posts
I've been to 4 AHL games this year, all in Hamilton. Great hockey, but I just don't have the desire to follow hockey this year.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Happened to see Hamilton once this year in Hershey.Sat next to referee St.Laurents girlfriend by chance.Pretty little French-Canadian girl.Even behaved myself and made no suggestions.;)

·
Registered
3 Posts
I try and keep up with the Amerks as much as possible being a sabres fan..but its hard to do because amazingly the sabres have done great this year. I also sometimes go to see the river rats.... if you can call what the rats play "hockey" i dont know exactly.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah but they got a badazz logo.:laugh: Hard to top a black-eyed rat for your emblem. I saw them play once this year in Hershey and they looked like an ECHL team.Chris Terreri looked bad but with a collection of garden slugs in front of you how can you look good?:dunno:

·
Registered
6,444 Posts
Hey, and welcome to the forums Hamilton Tiger.

I've been following the AHL quite a lot since the lockout, and I plan to do so again this year, especially since the players from the Leafs AHL affiliate (Toronto Marlies) will be playing a huge role on the TML this coming season.

Colaiacovo, White, Pilar and Kronwall on defence, and John Pohl, Jeremy Williams, Robbie Earl, And Aleksander Suglobov on offence, and of course Justin Pogge. He's the future goaltender of the Toronto Maple Leafs, and he has an outside shot of getting a chance to play this year.

Yup, the farm team is crucial to the success of the Leafs this year, now more than ever. Many players will be going up and down this year.

·
Registered
98 Posts
BE-LEAF-ABLE said:
Hey, and welcome to the forums Hamilton Tiger.

I've been following the AHL quite a lot since the lockout, and I plan to do so again this year, especially since the players from the Leafs AHL affiliate (Toronto Marlies) will be playing a huge role on the TML this coming season.

Colaiacovo, White, Pilar and Kronwall on defence, and John Pohl, Jeremy Williams, Robbie Earl, And Aleksander Suglobov on offence, and of course Justin Pogge. He's the future goaltender of the Toronto Maple Leafs, and he has an outside shot of getting a chance to play this year.

Yup, the farm team is crucial to the success of the Leafs this year, now more than ever. Many players will be going up and down this year.
Thanks for the welcome BE-LEAF-ABLE....

Grew up cheering the Leafs here in Hamilton as well as Montreal dynasty team of the 1970s, Lafleur was fav player growing up....I like all the Canadian teams....plenty of Leafs coverage in Hamilton market but I also try to attend AHL Bulldogs games as well whenever I can.

:D

·
Registered
98 Posts
OLYMPIA STADIUM said:
I was born in toronto in 1961 and lived there until 1969.
OK very good....just read your profile....says that your now in Detroit....I've always wondered what it was like down there in Detroit with Hockey coverage in the local media down there....are they up there with the Pistons, Lions and Tigers?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts