Hockey Fan Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
494 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was looking at all the logos and ive decided NJ has the slickest design, i hope they dont change it

·
Registered
91 Posts
The most simplest of designs, often end up being the better ones.

Personally, I find the Detroit red wings logo to be the nicest one in the nhl, but the point remains....when it comes to logo's...keep it simple.

*shudders at the thought of the boston bruins jersey with the bear on the front*

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Ezekiel said:
The most simplest of designs, often end up being the better ones.

Personally, I find the Detroit red wings logo to be the nicest one in the nhl, but the point remains....when it comes to logo's...keep it simple.

*shudders at the thought of the boston bruins jersey with the bear on the front*

I totally agree*on the wings crest*.. i mean and the history behind the crest gives it even more value and makes it even better.. if we are talking all around i think the historical points.. the design makes it one of the most awesome crests in the NHL;)

·
Registered
4 Posts
The NJD logo's creation...

When the late Dr. John McMullen brought the team to the Garden State, he wanted to change the name from the Colorado Rockies to something more appropriate to it's new location. After struggling with ideas, the team held a contest to name the team. A popular opinion from new fans was the fabeled story of the New Jersey Devil, who roamed around the pinelands in southern New Jersey eating animals and tormenting the residents. After deciding on the name, Dr. McMullen's wife was utilized to create the logo. Using the local tradition of interlocking letters (used by New York Yankees and Mets), she decided to employ a similar design. The NJ with horns and a tail was born and has been in place for nearly 25 years. Thought I'd pass that story along, since I agree with the assessment of the logo!!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts