Hockey Fan Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Hm.. Best of the best is only one line.
Ovie - Backstrom - Siomin, maybe (!) Anaheim´s Perry - Getzlaf - Ryan is at the same level.
Sedin´s line best of the best??? WTF?

·
Registered
335 Posts
It's the Caps trio, followed closely by RGP line. Ottawa's and Vancouver's line has no business being there. Heatley and Thornton seem to start clicking together too, might be the third best line in the league.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Caps First lane in a heart beat.. I Then blackhawks followed by Vancover then possible Pens then Detriot

·
Premium Member
482 Posts
Hm.. Best of the best is only one line.
Ovie - Backstrom - Siomin, maybe (!) Anaheim´s Perry - Getzlaf - Ryan is at the same level.
Sedin´s line best of the best??? WTF?
I'd definitely say it should be the Ovechkin, Backstrom, Semin line. Through the first three games, each guy averaged over 2 P/G, and Ovie managed three P/G. This line features a bonafide 100 point, 60 goal scorer and a guy who was on pace for over 100 points last year.
I'd say it's no contest. If only Malkin and Crosby still had Hossa, it'd be the best. But, as it stands, they lack a great, scoring winger like Washington has.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I agree with the majority that the Ovechkin/Semin/Backstrom line is virtually untouchable.

I disagree with most of the other rankings though. Vancouver? Really? I'd put the Kopitar/Smyth/Williams line over most of them. And by season's end, I think others will too.

And of course, how can we leave out Okposo/Tavares/Moulson???
/Sarcasm.

·
Premium Member
3,520 Posts
I'm just going to toss San Jose's top line into consideration here since I haven't seen them mentioned. Thornton and Heatley both have 9 points into the season so far, and the third member, Setoguchi, is also scoring at over a point per game pace (either has 5 or 6 points, I'm too lazy to look right now).
YA the SJ line is right up there.

1. AO, NB, AS - WAS
2a. DS, JT, DH - SJ
2b. CP, RG, BR - ANH
4. SH, JC, DB - PHI - have to get someone to confirm that is the correct combo.

·
Registered
3,799 Posts
Heatley,and Thornton,but i don't know the other linemate.?

·
Premium Member
482 Posts
Heatley,and Thornton,but i don't know the other linemate.?
DS is Devin Setoguchi.
I'm a little on the fence about that line because of him. One great season may make him a good player in the books, but not in a lineup, at least not until he shows me some consistency. He has 5 points thus far, but as I recall, he trailed off a bit as the season wore on last year... If he's the same player, that's a powerhouse line right there.

·
Registered
21 Posts
As alot of you said Ovie-Backstrom-Semin is the best line and always makes troubles when they are on ice.They manage a lot of points last year and what I have seen from now they will do the same thing this year.They for sure have my vote.For 2nd line I would choose Toews-Versteeg-Sharp.

·
Registered
3,799 Posts
DS is Devin Setoguchi.
I'm a little on the fence about that line because of him. One great season may make him a good player in the books, but not in a lineup, at least not until he shows me some consistency. He has 5 points thus far, but as I recall, he trailed off a bit as the season wore on last year... If he's the same player, that's a powerhouse line right there.

Right now their doing really good, with Heatley and Thornton combined with 20 points.

·
Premium Member
4,349 Posts
Well, we are in luck guys. We get to see 2 of the most successful(Thus far) lines in the NHL head to head tomorrow night.

Ovechkin/Backstrom/Semin vs Heatley/Thornton/Setoguchi.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts