Hockey Fan Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With NHL 12 coming out in approximately one month. I thought a thread on the shown improvements and such would be good. So far it looks more authentic and they added quite a few things that i really wanted in the game. Like the goalie being in play.

·
Premium Member
2,170 Posts
Yeah,and that you can get slots(like COD) where you can preset attributes for each position,which is awesome!

Also heard about a legends team...

·
Registered
3,799 Posts
Well you got dynamic goalies, improvement of the physic's engine, new equipment, one knee slappers, size matters, and other serious ****.

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah,and that you can get slots(like COD) where you can preset attributes for each position,which is awesome!

Also heard about a legends team...
Woah did not hear about that ^^ Sweet i really needed that. Is there one for each position ? or just slots you can choose from.

·
Premium Member
2,170 Posts
I believe there's one for each position. Going to make choosing your position much more easier!

-Also that when you load up for a slapshot,if you take too long,the puck will slip away. Which is realistically awesome.

·
Premium Member
2,170 Posts
Demos due to be about on the 23rd,I believe.

I haven't prior downloaded any demo on the day it has come out on, so will the demo be available to download at 12:00AM on the 23rd? Or do they set up a time to open it for downloading?

·
Premium Member
2,170 Posts
Got the EA season ticket so I have access to NHL 12! Any questions feel free to ask me about it,although I might be abit busy playing:D.

·
Premium Member
3,516 Posts
Got the EA season ticket so I have access to NHL 12! Any questions feel free to ask me about it,although I might be abit busy playing:D.
I had to look up to see what EA Season Ticket is...

Nope.
No way.
Never.
Not in a million years.
That'll be the day.
Yeah, right.
Kiss my ass.
Go to hell.

You get the idea.

Between something like that, games shipping with half the content they used to with the rest being made up as DLC, single-use online pass codes, inferior graphics, online morality police, etc, etc, etc... Console gaming is a race to the bottom.

/rant

Hope you like NHL 12. :)

Daryl

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
How are the Leafs in the game ? :D That's really what I'm interested in. Ohhh and is online play available for it with this "Early release".

·
Premium Member
2,170 Posts
Haven't played versus or anything with the actual NHL teams,just playing in the EASHL. And yes everythings available except HUT(not that I care, I barely play it)...

·
Premium Member
5,661 Posts
Happened to be throughout an EASHL club game...my team member got quite angry...
Mine was an offline game though, which was what kind of worried me. But then my PS3 has a mind of it's own somedays. I was mainly just checking out the new jerseys in action. I was thrilled to see they have the throwback red/green Devils jersey in both home and away versions.

This might sound insane to some, but I really didn't get into EASHL much last season. For some reason I've really gotten into it this year though. Although my teammates might wish I wasn't. My first game of the season I took three penalties, got my ass kicked in a fight, and finished as a -2 in a 5-1 loss.:redface:

·
Premium Member
3,516 Posts
This might sound insane to some, but I really didn't get into EASHL much last season. For some reason I've really gotten into it this year though. Although my teammates might wish I wasn't. My first game of the season I took three penalties, got my ass kicked in a fight, and finished as a -2 in a 5-1 loss.:redface:
At first, I really liked the online aspect of the game; it was something I always hoped we'd see. With NHL 11, everything I did was offline/single player stuff.

Just too many people living in doucheville to make it fun for me.

Daryl

·
Registered
3,799 Posts
I'm liking NHL 12! but back to maddevil, i'm experiencing the freezing problem as well in eashl. like I'm halfway through a game and I freeze...bullcrap! But NHL 12 is awesome.

·
Premium Member
5,661 Posts
At first, I really liked the online aspect of the game; it was something I always hoped we'd see. With NHL 11, everything I did was offline/single player stuff.

Just too many people living in doucheville to make it fun for me.

Daryl
It's not so bad if you can find a good club to play on with people you know. Less douchebaggery that way.

Drop-in games can be a pain in the ass. The other night I was in a game where we were leading 3-2 with under 5 minutes left. Some dumbass on my team decides to slash a guy way the hell behind the play. The resulting PP ties the game. Then with under 2 minutes left the same moron blatantly runs the opposing goaltender, resulting in a PP goal against in the final minute, costing us the game. Granted, I've taken some dumb penalties before, but nothing that blatantly idiotic.

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
It's not so bad if you can find a good club to play on with people you know. Less douchebaggery that way.

Drop-in games can be a pain in the ass. The other night I was in a game where we were leading 3-2 with under 5 minutes left. Some dumbass on my team decides to slash a guy way the hell behind the play. The resulting PP ties the game. Then with under 2 minutes left the same moron blatantly runs the opposing goaltender, resulting in a PP goal against in the final minute, costing us the game. Granted, I've taken some dumb penalties before, but nothing that blatantly idiotic.
Yeah that's why i tend to stray away from drop in games unless i can get 2 or 3 friends to join me. So my team isn't made up entirely of randoms that might pull some stupid stuff.
-
Idiots online aside. The game has been pretty great so far. I really like the hitting again. Last year was great but this year they just seemed to refine it even more. Like my friend caught a guy with a hip check right on his right leg and normally they would just fall when u clipped their leg in NHL 11. This guy went flying through the air and landed on his back. It looks pretty awesome.

·
Premium Member
5,661 Posts
Idiots online aside. The game has been pretty great so far. I really like the hitting again. Last year was great but this year they just seemed to refine it even more. Like my friend caught a guy with a hip check right on his right leg and normally they would just fall when u clipped their leg in NHL 11. This guy went flying through the air and landed on his back. It looks pretty awesome.
I finally broke the glass on a hit the other night. Unfortunately it was me that got destroyed. I went around the back of my own net to try and get one guy off me, the other guy timed it right and just unloaded on me right after I dumped it up the boards. It was actually pretty sweet.

I really like being able to engage players in front of the net. When I play as a power forward I pretty much just plant myself in front of the goalie and engage the defenseman. And it's always nice to give the goalie a little shot after the whistle blows.;)

·
Registered
3,799 Posts
I'm still freezing in EASHL and OTP....wow! I had a 7 goal game going in one of them too! :mad:

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I finally broke the glass on a hit the other night. Unfortunately it was me that got destroyed. I went around the back of my own net to try and get one guy off me, the other guy timed it right and just unloaded on me right after I dumped it up the boards. It was actually pretty sweet.

I really like being able to engage players in front of the net. When I play as a power forward I pretty much just plant myself in front of the goalie and engage the defenseman. And it's always nice to give the goalie a little shot after the whistle blows.;)
Hahaha. I broke the glass on a weak wrister from the point. I was playing D one game and tried to take a huge one timer (99 slap shot power and 99 strength) but i take a wrist instead and it sailed high and wide and broke the glass. My friends and i were baffled at how such a shot did it but it happened. Also i dumped this dude into the bench the play right after. It was hysterical! He was coming down the wing and thought he could beat me to the outside and then i just stepped up hip checked him and he went sailing into the bench and ran into the stachion. Which isn't funny in real life but in the game it was great.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts