Hockey Fan Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are some NHL records that impress you ?
First i have to start off with Teemu Seleane who scored 76 goals on his rookie season in the NHL.
Also Wayne Gretzyk's 92 goals and 215 point season, i cant say enough that we need anouther player that will be able to score thouse kind of goals.
These other ones may not be records but sure are impresive .

Mario in the 89-90 season scored 45 goals and 78 assist in only 58 games giving him 123 points, pretty impresive.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Rick_Nash said:
What are some NHL records that impress you ?
First i have to start off with Teemu Seleane who scored 76 goals on his rookie season in the NHL.
Also Wayne Gretzyk's 92 goals and 215 point season, i cant say enough that we need anouther player that will be able to score thouse kind of goals.
These other ones may not be records but sure are impresive .

Mario in the 89-90 season scored 45 goals and 78 assist in only 58 games giving him 123 points, pretty impresive.
Gretzky's 92-goal season....I remember when that happened....Unreal!!

Darryl Sittler's 10-point night against Boston Bruins.

Bobby Orr wins NHL scoring race...only defenceman to ever do it and he did it TWICE.

Team Records:

Montreal Canadiens 5-consecutive Stanley Cup victories

Edmonton Oilers 446 goals in 1983-84...Three 50-goal scorers in Gretzky, Kurri and Anderson....Paul Coffey defenceman scores 40 and Messier with 37.

·
Registered
91 Posts
-That season when montreal only had 8 regular season losses.(Thats a record, I personally think will never be touched)

-That record breaking fight filled ottawa senators vs philadelphia flyers game.
Well over 400 penalty minutes. Whats more shocking, is that the record was mostly broken in a single period of play.

-Patrick Roy's overtime record when it comes to the playoffs. Unreal.
Not even Martin Brodeur can come anywhere close to it, as his record in overtime is mediocre at best.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Ezekiel said:
-That season when montreal only had 8 regular season losses.(Thats a record, I personally think will never be touched)

-That record breaking fight filled ottawa senators vs philadelphia flyers game.
Well over 400 penalty minutes. Whats more shocking, is that the record was mostly broken in a single period of play.

-Patrick Roy's overtime record when it comes to the playoffs. Unreal.
Not even Martin Brodeur can come anywhere close to it, as his record in overtime is mediocre at best.
THat season when the Habs only lost 8-games I believe if memory serves me correct, 2 of those losses came against the last place Washington Capitals.

·
Registered
6,444 Posts
Definitely the 215+ points.

If anyone can get to just 200+, that would be awesome.

Oh, and the '50 Goals in 50 Games' was done a few times, but I never witnessed any of it. I hope it happens again soon.

And 10 straight overtime victories in a playoff year.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts