Hockey Fan Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
judging by the super high stakes, commercial money, and all of the evidence on the ice, i would say anyone who thinks there is zero corruption in the NHL is naive. too bad, im watching the FINAL game and halfway through the penelties are 5-1 for carolina, 2 BS calls and one questionable, with many carolina infractions let go. I luv the game, i hate the stakes, which lead to corruption. sorry if ya dont like what i have to say. oh ya, wonder why they didnt stop the play on an edmonton penelty after an OBVIOUS touch up, and didnt blow the whistle after loosing site of the puck seconds after... hmmmm caro had posetion and they were about to score... LOL what a joke.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Shoot

I'm getting REALLY REALLY irritated with this Edmonton team. They won't score unless they shoot on the power play or any other time. Way way too much passing. SHOOT THE F'IN PUCK

·
Banned
961 Posts
Carolina

saulite said:
I'm getting REALLY REALLY irritated with this Edmonton team. They won't score unless they shoot on the power play or any other time. Way way too much passing. SHOOT THE F'IN PUCK
I am getting irritated in watching this carolina team that has no business there in that market.they should never have left hartford. the league wants carolina to win so they can sell hockey in a market that they have no business in.:mad:

·
Registered
227 Posts
So when the Oilers win, all is fair, but when the Canes win, it's set up! Man, talk about stupid.

Oly Stadium, are you still crying about the Canes being in Raleigh? You're really starting to bore all of us real hockey fans here. They are in Carolina to stay, I suggest you accept this fact, and move on to bigger issues that you seem to have......! lol!

·
Banned
961 Posts
Carolina

Hkyfn said:
So when the Oilers win, all is fair, but when the Canes win, it's set up! Man, talk about stupid.

Oly Stadium, are you still crying about the Canes being in Raleigh? You're really starting to bore all of us real hockey fans here. They are in Carolina to stay, I suggest you accept this fact, and move on to bigger issues that you seem to have......! lol!
I have the right to my opinion just like you. so i dont care if you like mine or not.i have followed hockey alot longer than most of the members on this forum and i dont like the new NHL and will never like the new NHL.

·
Registered
227 Posts
And you know what, I've been following the game most likely even longer than you!!

Your opinion is worthless, so enjoy it. The last 2 cup winners on your your "no team" list! :laugh: :laugh:

Tampa won 2 years ago, and now, the new champ, Carolina Hurricanes. Has a nice ring to it, I think!

·
Banned
961 Posts
carolina

Hkyfn said:
And you know what, I've been following the game most likely even longer than you!!

Your opinion is worthless, so enjoy it. The last 2 cup winners on your your "no team" list! :laugh: :laugh:

Tampa won 2 years ago, and now, the new champ, Carolina Hurricanes. Has a nice ring to it, I think!
I have followed the NHL since i was a kid back in the 1960s before you had any hockey teams out there in the west coast.and i dont mind saying what my age is in my profile. again you have your opinion just like i have and nobody is going to change my opinion like it or not.

·
Registered
6,444 Posts
In all honesty, I just think Edmonton couldn't get it done.

Someone needs to talk to Hemsky about the chances he gets. Way too much hesitation on hispart the last few years, and he had at least 3 tries in the nd period to get one for Edmonton. Maybe it's confidence issues?

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
OLYMPIA STADIUM said:
I am getting irritated in watching this carolina team that has no business there in that market.they should never have left hartford. the league wants carolina to win so they can sell hockey in a market that they have no business in.:mad:

Just let it go already.. gosh, i mean there is nothing wrong with carolina being where its at as far as location.. their fan base should go way up after this cup season. and further more, like everyone else said the ones you hate the most or dont like are winning cups.. it cannot be avoided anymore.

you dont need big bucks to have a cup winning team anymore.. things got really balanced out since the stupid lockout. but realize one thing.. we may see alot more non hockey states... atlanta is not a hockey state... and yet they still play.

but anywayz, all that to say this.. who knows they could come up with something.. the puck is on or for any team on ice.. not just for the original six or for the teams that you love or hate.THATS HOCKEY!!!. its just the way things go. we all have to learn to get over that direct feeling of not liking stuff..

I just really dont care for the gloom and doomb.. now that they won the cup lets just leave that alone.. cause the arguement really does not hold water anymore.. they won a cup.. its just how it is.. im sorry if you cant come to the realization there will be teams we all dont like that win them.. but id rather see Aaron Ward hoist another stanley cup instead of freakin ryan smythe hoisting it above his head.

really in all reality.. that arguement is old.. unless you have some new material i think it shoudl be dropped.:dunno: how bout it?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Drummerboy said:
judging by the super high stakes, commercial money, and all of the evidence on the ice, i would say anyone who thinks there is zero corruption in the NHL is naive. too bad, im watching the FINAL game and halfway through the penelties are 5-1 for carolina, 2 BS calls and one questionable, with many carolina infractions let go. I luv the game, i hate the stakes, which lead to corruption. sorry if ya dont like what i have to say. oh ya, wonder why they didnt stop the play on an edmonton penelty after an OBVIOUS touch up, and didnt blow the whistle after loosing site of the puck seconds after... hmmmm caro had posetion and they were about to score... LOL what a joke.
Oil got a complete break on the Staios play. Replay's showed it had actually crossed the line. I don't think he ever had possesion of it.

I don't understand your view on corruption. Which team was being the benefit of this corruption?

·
Registered
76 Posts
OLYMPIA STADIUM said:
Suck it up Olympia the RBC centre was louder than I've ever heard Joe Louis, the Canes are great to watch, and have a good fan base.

I don't see how the league is on the canes side, the refs were only calling obvious things. As it apeared to me it was the Oilers taking advantage of that and doing all the little obstuction things, but then again they've always been a dirty team, thank the hockey gods the Canes took it to them and beat them fairly. :p

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
well, i feel that the oil slick backs had issues at the end! what in the hell was that temper tantrum they threw about? ill tell you, them not getting their way! so its their way of crying!!! well wah , wah , wah!!!!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Hkyfn said:

For real - the fans in Raleigh are for real. Carolina's hockey industry has sprung up since the Canes arrived.

You know what - idiots said the same thing about Dallas when they came down from Minnesota in 1993. Dallas now has about 50 sheets where they had maybe 1 in a mall before the Stars showed up.

It's snotnosed Detroit fans who haven't cracked the second round in two seasons who are against the spread of hockey around the country.

Oh and as for the Hurricanes.... Remind me again what Brett Hull said about playing in Raleigh when he was with Detroit in 2002. Cause I seem to recall him labelling that barn the loudest he's EVER played in.

·
Banned
961 Posts
Carolina

Whiskey Sam said:
For real - the fans in Raleigh are for real. Carolina's hockey industry has sprung up since the Canes arrived.

You know what - idiots said the same thing about Dallas when they came down from Minnesota in 1993. Dallas now has about 50 sheets where they had maybe 1 in a mall before the Stars showed up.

It's snotnosed Detroit fans who haven't cracked the second round in two seasons who are against the spread of hockey around the country.

Oh and as for the Hurricanes.... Remind me again what Brett Hull said about playing in Raleigh when he was with Detroit in 2002. Cause I seem to recall him labelling that barn the loudest he's EVER played in.
I still say that this team has no business in carolina. but because of a greedy owner they moved from hartford were they should still be.and yes i am one of those fans who still say that the north stars should still be in minnesota instead of dallas.By the way whiskey sam welcome to the forum, hope you enjoy yourself here.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Whiskey Sam said:

I completely agree with you. North Carolina has always been a basketball madhouse, with the hardest core fans in the NCAA. Now, with the Canes success, you'll see hockey become a big league sport in the Raleigh area. You also make a very good point about hockey in Texas, since the Stars arrived. A fact that many don't know, is that there are more professional hockey teams in Texas than any other state, and this is a direct byproduct of the Dallas Stars, and the success they have enjoyed.

Pay no attention to Oly Stadium, I think in his mine, the NHL should still be a 6team league! For hockey (or any professional sport for that matter!) to have any sort of national draw, there simply MUST be teams in all regions of the country. What's so hard about that concept, Oly??

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Canadiens said:
Oil got a complete break on the Staios play. Replay's showed it had actually crossed the line. I don't think he ever had possesion of it.

I don't understand your view on corruption. Which team was being the benefit of this corruption?
if your referring to the play where there was a pile in the edmonton net, you just discredited yourself and should not post in this thread again. also, corruption can be as big as a payoff or as little as a preference. i dont have a clue whats really going on and neither do you, its just very fishy. when the stakes are this high, teams need to sell tickets and make money, and let me tell you, no canadian teams have any problems making money or selling out crowds. the future will tell.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
because this thread has recieved a lot of attention, im gonna just restate what im saying in laymens terms :

BIG MONEY = HIGH STAKES = PPL MESSING WITH THE GAME.

is that clear enough? would anyone like to disagree that this "business" of hockey is now HUGE business? Would anyone also like to dissagree that HUGE business has influence on just about everything? Why would influencing hockey in ANY sneaky way, in order to build/help out venues and teams, build fanbases and markets, be out of the question? Call me a cynic, but dont tell me its not possible, and dont tell me its not sometimes real fishy... big sports carry a political side. Period.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
RedMile said:
Suck it up Olympia the RBC centre was louder than I've ever heard Joe Louis, the Canes are great to watch, and have a good fan base.

I don't see how the league is on the canes side, the refs were only calling obvious things. As it apeared to me it was the Oilers taking advantage of that and doing all the little obstuction things, but then again they've always been a dirty team, thank the hockey gods the Canes took it to them and beat them fairly. :p
:laugh: :laugh:

·
Banned
961 Posts
Carolina

RedMile said:
I don't see how the league is on the canes side, :p
Because the league wants to try to sell hockey in a market they have no business in. and this is my opinion.the NHL needs to go back to winnipeg, quebec and hartford.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts