Hockey Fan Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have completed one Dynasty and my retirement gift was a new house! That is shit, i was hoping for somthin that i could use in the game itself. Im now in a new dynasty. Year 4. 1 cup win and a 74.6 Mil pay roll. Twice i was named #1 gm of the year. This is with the maple leafs.

My tip would be: Do not build your team on Free agents. Build it up on Rookies. Turn them into all starts. When they start asking for too much money, trade them for a good pick with a prospect. And the cycle continues.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,022 Posts
So, pretty much don't be the New York Rangers, just picking up free agents and be more like the Minnesota Wild and others.

I tried stacking my team with free agents and it worked well at the start but by the end they sucked cause I trades picks for them.

But one of my hints would be to get Kovalchuk, Heatly and Gigure becuase they will all turn into 99's.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,283 Posts
I'm in the scond year of my 1st dynasty.I've won the Cup and at the award ceromonies I took home almost all teh trophies! :D And I'm on pace for teh same thing again! :D

My lines look like this:

1st-Arnott 81-Koivu 86 -Zednik 88
2nd-Hossa 82-Yashin 86 - Bulis 83
3rd-P.M Bouchard 78-Ribeiro 69-Dagenais 68
4th-Gratton 64-Begin 68-Langdon 59

DEFENCE

1st-Komisarek 84-Boumester 84
2nd-Souray 78-Markov 83
3rd-Quintal 73-Bouillon 71

Picks:

4th round COL
3rd round BOS
1st round MTL
2ND round MTL

Golies
Theodore
Thomas

Not bad ehh?
 

·
Hockeyforum Legend
Joined
·
2,960 Posts
Not bad habguy... I'm also in the second year of my dynasty, mainly cause I play almost every game... here are my lines, I made a bunch of trades and hope it doesn't affect my gift :?

Afinogenov (86) - Stefan (84) - Gaborik (95)
Roberts (85) - Antropov (79) - Koltsov (70)
Torres (76) - Nash (79) - Hemsky (76)
Chistov (75) - Stajan (73) - Ponikarovsky (70)

Kaberle (84) - McCabe (83)
Pilar (79) - Coliacovo (75)
Exelby (74) - Martinek (68 )

LeClaire (92)
Tellqvist (88 )
Kidd (86)

the game is a little un-realistic as in trades... I picked up Gaborik for a first round pick in the first year :lol:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,283 Posts
scorpionn said:
the game is a little un-realistic as in trades... I picked up Gaborik for a first round pick in the first year :lol:
Thats because when you started the dynasty mode you put CPU trades off.And that means the CPU will just say yes to any trade.But if its on it will be a normal GM
 

·
Hockeyforum Legend
Joined
·
2,960 Posts
habguy said:
scorpionn said:
the game is a little un-realistic as in trades... I picked up Gaborik for a first round pick in the first year :lol:
Thats because when you started the dynasty mode you put CPU trades off.And that means the CPU will just say yes to any trade.But if its on it will be a normal GM
No, believe me I have CPU trades on.. they've denied quite a few trades
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,283 Posts
scorpionn said:
habguy said:
scorpionn said:
the game is a little un-realistic as in trades... I picked up Gaborik for a first round pick in the first year :lol:
Thats because when you started the dynasty mode you put CPU trades off.And that means the CPU will just say yes to any trade.But if its on it will be a normal GM
No, believe me I have CPU trades on.. they've denied quite a few trades
I just tried what you did on a new dynasty mode right now,it doesn't work .Dont know why?
 

·
Hockeyforum Legend
Joined
·
2,960 Posts
habguy said:
scorpionn said:
habguy said:
scorpionn said:
the game is a little un-realistic as in trades... I picked up Gaborik for a first round pick in the first year :lol:
Thats because when you started the dynasty mode you put CPU trades off.And that means the CPU will just say yes to any trade.But if its on it will be a normal GM
No, believe me I have CPU trades on.. they've denied quite a few trades
I just tried what you did on a new dynasty mode right now,it doesn't work .Dont know why?
The difference might be that I traded for Gaborik when he was rated 85, he just shot up during the offseason... Also, the game is designed to make some of the GMs easy to trade with, while others will be hard asses.. depending what "character" you choose to be.
 

·
Hockeyforum Legend
Joined
·
2,960 Posts
Newfie John said:
Which character would be the best?
No idea, I just picked some guy.. for example, I easily have dealed with teams like Minnesota, Anaheim, Columbus and Atlanta.. I tried at one point getting Legwand off Nashville and they wanted too much.. its just he luck of the draw I guess
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,942 Posts
pitt_viper said:
im getting the game tomorrow its going to be sweet!

any tips you have for me when i start playing dynasty mode?
For the most succesful team pick a team like pitsburgh where you have a low cost team and players who will/could turn into stars. If you go to easports.com and check the nhl page they have hints and tips about players(how much time they need on ice or else their morale will go down) and the dynasty mode (pretty much they'll tell you what team you can be in terms of setting goals with them)
 

·
Hockeyforum Legend
Joined
·
2,960 Posts
pitt_viper said:
just wondering what skill level do you guys play against? beginner, easy medium, pro?
I play on medium. Difficult is... pretty hard usually, i can usually win 50% on it, medium i win but still a challenge some games
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1 Posts
I got a private Island in the Carribean... 11 Stanley Cups throughout my tenor... Only one year with salaries at or above the league averages...
 
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Top