1 - 20 of 100 Posts

·
Registered
6,444 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It looks amazing! Absolutely amazing...

For the XBOX360, that is.

http://www.easports.com/nhl07

I was planning on buying a 360 at the end of the year, but now I'm hoping I can get it much earlier.

They've got all the gear in it (RBK, Mission, Nike, Bauer, CCM, JOFA, Graf) and the goaltending equipment looks almost impossbly identical to that of the real NHL goaltenders. They also have some of their masks in it too (;) ). Also word that the motion capture of the goalies in the game was that of a real NHL goaltender (Who they haven't named yet).

NHL 07 for 360 has been revamped completely from NHL 06 on XBOX (for those who want to know, XBOX's version will likely be the same as 06)

Anyway, aside from the visuals are the main thing: The Gameplay. It looks UNBELIEVABLY ACCURATE. They finally added in almost all of the templates I asked for (Power Forward, Playmaker, Sniper, Dangler), the players move like real hockey players, and the Goalies aren't flopping around everywhere. They look like REAL professional goaltenders! Players handle the puck and their upper and lower bodies can move seperately. It's beautifully done, especially with the right analog stick actually being the Hockey stick. The sticks bend on slapshots, and I think they added in more moves for gamers that want to play as the goalie. As for ht templates - you have to know how the hockey player is, cause they won't be adding in the icons. I don't mind though, I'm sure I'll be editing all the players... About a month after I get my hands on the game... after first reading some reviews... and then playing the game at Electronic Boutique.;) Oh yeah, and for those thta want the mullets sticking out of the helmets, 360's got them.

Check out the pictures and videos. it's almost shoking really.
http://media.xbox360.ign.com/media/829/829743/vids_1.html

There's a blog for the game at IGN, so they creators of the game are keeping us updated on the game:
http://blogs.ign.com/nhl_07

Anyway... anyone else interested in this game? What are your thoughtso n this one and games of the past? What do you think of the changes?

·
Registered
6,444 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Rids said:
Is that to try and save who ever it is from the EA Curse?
LOL! Actually, the "EA curse" is usually on the cover athelete. In this case, it's Alexander Ovechkin.

:eek:

·
Registered
6,444 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Why not Ovechkin? Any other suggestions? Hopefully not Parise. ;)

And welcome to the forums.

·
Registered
6,444 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I think 2K7 might have taken Thornton. EA had him for 2004, but then he got into some bar fight a few days after being named, and then they changed it to Heatley... which obviously didn't work out any better. :( They eventually changed it to Sakic later on.

Jagr could have been a candidate, but they probably found him to be too moody. :laugh:

·
Registered
6,444 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
LOL! Even on New York the New Jersey doesn't like him... Oh wait, New York... they don't like the Rangers either, do they? :laugh:

·
Registered
26,388 Posts
ZachPariseOwns said:
you are not allowed to speak the name of jagr in my presence....omg do i had that pussy-boy:cheeky4:
OH MAN, I'm with you!!!

You have to
tip toe around him like he's a piece of fine china, because you might hurt his feelings!!!!:cheeky4:

He's such a baby!!!!

·
Registered
6,444 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yeah man, it's cool... even if it is one of them Devils on the front. :cool:

·
Registered
16 Posts
panoo2004 said:
OH MAN, I'm with you!!!

You have to
tip toe around him like he's a piece of fine china, because you might hurt his feelings!!!!:cheeky4:

He's such a baby!!!!
tahnk you!!!! especially in the devils vs. rangers series this year...he liek broke his arm...when we clearly saw that he just pushed gomez...ahhh i hate him

·
Registered
6,444 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
It looks like EA focused a lot on the goalies; how they move and how they appear. I guess they got all the complaints about hw horrible they were in 06, though I guess that was just as good as it got for the "Current Gen" consoles/PC. The 360 graphics have their pads staying flat to the shot when they go down, and they can move their limbs seperately, rather than look like bricks out there. Their gloves can open and close, and their blocker movement is much more realistic.

They also got back that sort of "NHL 2002 'add-on' fluffiness" again, so that's good.

The Devil we know:

·
Registered
3,041 Posts
I don't know much about video games but these graphics look AMAZING. I have a question though, are gamecube games discontinued? If so this game gives me an excuse to buy an Xbox360:)

1 - 20 of 100 Posts