Hockey Fan Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,689 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where are you now Burns!!

Jesus H Christ, whats wrong with this group of people??

In honor of the McLean family, I am eating freshly butchered meat today!!

An animal rights group has posted an ad on its website comparing the recent stabbing and decapitation of a young Winnipeg man to how humans kill animals for food.
People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals said the advertisement is meant to make people understand how animals suffer when they are killed in slaughterhouses. The group posted the imageless advertisement on its blog site Wednesday.

"PETA's ad…is meant to spur people to think about the terror and pain experienced by animals who are raised and killed for food. The group aims to demonstrate that animals — just like humans — are made of flesh, blood, and bone and deserve protection from needless killing," said a statement on PETA's website, also posted Wednesday.
http://www.cbc.ca/canada/story/2008/08/06/peta-mclean.html?ref=rss

·
Premium Member
10,689 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Furthermore, even though I am one that doesn't believe in guns, I just may take up the hobby of hunting deer, moose, duck and any other animal that can be hunted. Hell I might even get a rambo type knife and slaughter my prey right there in the woods, and take photos and send them to PITA!!

God I am SO PISSED OFF!

·
Premium Member
13,305 Posts
This group at peta are sick and twisted for even considering comparing the two let alone actually doing it publicly.!!

If they can't see the difference and are in sensitive enough to the family of the murdered young man to post such an add then i'll be suprised if they have any supporters left.!!

Friggen morons need to be shot and pissed upon for being such low life scum..!!

·
Registered
117 Posts
WHAT! Usually I can see where these guys are coming from, but this is going too far. The difference is really very simple. The murder was a cold blooded killing that helped no one. There's a reason that we kill and eat animals. Yes, we can get most of the nutrients we need from plant products, but we have what are called canine teeth. Canines (dogs) eat meat. These teeth are designed for meat. We have evolved to eat meat. If you choose not to eat meat, more power to you. But don't force your beliefs on those of us who choose to eat meat. And don't ever compare people like me to murderers. I admit that I agree with alot of sort of controversial opinions, but this is just stupid. Grow up PETA!

·
Premium Member
2,541 Posts
I don't know guys I think there might be some validity to these claims. Often when I catch myself walking past a sleeping cow or sheep I find a need to sit beside it and make it seem we are friendly, then pull out a hunting knife and stab the animal fifty times before I then slowing cut off its head and begin to devour its raw flesh.

Actually its what i would like to call a Friday night.

·
Registered
1,760 Posts
This is ridiculous. How can they even think of comparing a human life to an animal life. I don't mean to some like a savage when I say this because I like animals as much as the next person, but thats one of the reasons why animals are there, as a source of food.

This makes me want to put a chopped off horse head in the bed of the PETA president.

·
Premium Member
2,728 Posts
This bus murder really bothered me personally. I figured everyone knew and it really didn't need posting here, however PETA is like these radicals from the Westboro Baptist Church who were going to come here to Winnipeg and protest outside Tim Mcleans funeral....they say that God is punishing Canada because we tolerate Gay's and whatnot.

I have nothing appropriate to say about groups of this inane and ridicules caliber. I think as a group of people or club or whatever the hell you want to call yourself you've lost sight of a lot when your actions are to purely draw attention to yourself no matter the situation. It seems that groups like PETA and these pathetic Westboro Baptists have no soul. I applaud the Canadian gov on the Baptists for sure, they put out an APB to the boarder and they were stopped and turned back. And apparently they would have been met with serious trouble if they were protesting at this kids funeral. I've read that there were complete strangers who lined the streets outside the funeral home to take care of this situation if they should arrive. One man was quoted when he basically said they were going to get stomped. There were police in street clothes all over the place. Can you believe it.....:n

I really believe that when a person has no opinion or direction in their life, when they are pure followers, they are drawn to this type of organization or cult if you will.

Insane.

RB

·
Premium Member
5,661 Posts
I don't know guys I think there might be some validity to these claims. Often when I catch myself walking past a sleeping cow or sheep I find a need to sit beside it and make it seem we are friendly, then pull out a hunting knife and stab the animal fifty times before I then slowing cut off its head and begin to devour its raw flesh.

Actually its what i would like to call a Friday night.
Geez, and I thought it was just us backwards redneck hicks in North Central Somewhat New Dakota that did that on a Friday night. Do you tip the sleeping cow first or just go in for the kill?

·
Registered
319 Posts
PETA should stick to this kind of campaign. They say you can catch more flies with honey.

:bt

I agree. They'd be better off sticking to this stuff. It's real and legit.

Then again they may think more along the lines of people like Paul Watson up here in Newfoundland (protesting against the seal hunt.) If they went to protest against some real animal abuse instead of a legitimate hunt they won't get near the attention they're looking for.

groups like the sea shepherd society and peta just like the attention. In my opinion. Even better if they can compare the killing of a cow to the bus killing. (admittedly, some people in slaughterhouses do abuse the animals. But comparing this to the bus killing is way insensitive and unfeeling. I totally agree.)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts