Hockey Fan Forums banner

Do you like the New NHL

41 - 56 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
2,693 Posts
I like the new NHL b/c it provides more action on and off the scoreboard. I do like the Shootout b/c I NEVER saw it in the past years I watched hockey.

·
Registered
6,444 Posts
I've been meaning to get my thoughts in on this subject for some time, but haven't been able to. Eventually it will come though, as this is a topic of interest.

·
Registered
712 Posts
first i must say, i love the new NHL, i was watching an old Don Cherry's movie a couples weeks back and now that i think of it, seeing guys just cheap shotting other guys and hooking their ribs in half is just ugly. Its more exciting....
robywills67 said:
no i don't like the new Nhl :dunno:

Theres like 3 countries in here...
1. The teams are European
2. The GOALIE stick is from montreal
3. #17 Periard had a stick called "Busch" Like the american beer.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I like some aspects of it. I like the calling of hooking and holding, clutching and grabbing with the free hand. I like to see the better players not be reduced to the lowest common denominator by the journeyman hack players who made their living shadowing and slowing down the better players. Otherwise, why even bother zamming the ice.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I like the shootout and the rules regarding offsides, icing, and two-line passes, but with the strict rule for the obstruction penalties i think killed the physical play and players shy away from hitting now. I think its horrible that a player can't back up a teammate who receives a cheap shot. The playoffs just weren't the same last year either. Definitely prefer life before the new NHL.

·
Registered
2,649 Posts
It's like a mixed feeling. I like it and I don't. I like the high scoring and seeing a shootout. But, there is like no contact allowed pretty much. Like, I said it's mixed.

·
Registered
29 Posts
New NHL VS. Old NHL

I like calling the hooking and grabbing-- but these refs are getting so ridiculous with these calls, calling questionable penalties

I kinda dont like the shootout, it exciting but ties can be even more exciting- its just a plot to attract more american fans, just like the glowing puck years ago.

No red line- i enjoy watching the no red line because it opens the ice up more and make more creative plans-- and for all you traditionalists, before the 40s there was no red line

And the thing that pisses me off is these marketing people trying to change the game for marketing purposes... its not called a game or sport anymore... its called a F**king product.. if these go to bigger nets,i might stop watching it all together

·
Registered
13 Posts
Another thing that's inconsistently called. The ref will call a hooking penalty for a player tapping the puck-carrier's stick with his, but then swallow his whistle as a player punches and jabs the back of another player digging for the puck along the boards. And the instigation by some "old school" teams - whereby after every whistle in front of their goal they have to shove one of the opposing players looking to start a tussle is inexcusable - these instigations should be called before tapping your stick against the stick of another player.:dunno:

·
Registered
264 Posts
The new NHL is fast and fun to watch but the shoot out and the schedule suck anoter thing is the salary cap why shouldn't some teams have more better players then others

·
Registered
7 Posts
Aspects of the new NHL had to happen, The Salary Cap was a must without it teams were trying to buy a cup now they have to plan it out more. shootouts in the regular season are fine.

·
Registered
5,201 Posts
I do like the new NHL, but i just wish there would be more matches across the conferences.

·
Registered
9,152 Posts
Agreed Briere 48, but this is an old thread.

for new members in general please dont bring up old threads.

in this case, this thread is ok.

and welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
The players, coaches, and a lot of the media all hate the shoot-out but the everyday fan loves em, and in the end they pay the tickets that help pay the salaries. So it's they who make the decision, the tried it in the AHL and everyone loved it thats why we see it in the NHL today.

41 - 56 of 56 Posts