Do you like the New NHL

21 - 40 of 56 Posts

·
Banned
961 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
New Nhl

hok said:
The old NHL was getting stagnant - allowing borderline stick and holding penalties just created a sloppy game.

The new NHL is alot more entertaining. Speed, accuracy, and chemistry rule.
Entertainment is what fills the seats and propels this industry.

... and as a bonus it seems to agree with my fav teams like Sharks (old hometown), Oil, and Sabres (new hometown). :thumbsup:
Alot of oldtime fans like me dont like the new NHL to european for me.to many europeans also in the game.give me the old north american hockey any day. and get rid of that sickening shootout.this new NHL is geared for the younger fans and not the older fans.:thumbsdow

·
Registered
268 Posts
hmmmm ... kinda ironic ... your RedWings kinda started euro-style hockey here a while ago.

eh, time to move on. Oldtime money dies off, newbie money rules. :cheeky4:

I will say however, that some of the penalites called are too picayune.

·
Banned
961 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Europeans

hok said:
hmmmm ... kinda ironic ... your RedWings kinda started euro-style hockey here a while ago.

eh, time to move on. Oldtime money dies off, newbie money rules. :cheeky4:

I will say however, that some of the penalites called are too picayune.
I have nothing personel against the europeans but i dont like the fact that they have started changing the game to look more european style. give me old fashion hockey any day.:thumbsdow

·
Registered
227 Posts
The game today is so much superior to how it was played in the 60's or 70's (yes Oly, I AM old enough to remember that era!). Funny he mentions this era, as the dominate teams in those days, Bruins, Habs, Islanders, etc all played explosive, fast hockey, just like the game is played today. One exception was the Flyers from the mid 70's, who inspite of their reputation as the Broad Street Bullies, did have some talent on the team.

If the game bothers you so much today, why do you watch it? Why do you waste all of our time posting on this (and other ) hockey forums? What you want is long gone, and will never come back. Get usd to that fact!

The changes to the game are all super as the game is so much better to watch, and that's the bottom line, fan's must be entertained or else there will be no league. The best thing that ever happened to the game was the infusion of European players. My god, how could anyone not enjoy watching the pure talents of Kovalchuk, Oveckin, Jagr, etc?! If you don't like their style of the game, then you're watching the wrong sport.

-I respect your opinion however you cannot attack another poster, 99 per cent of what you wrote is fine, about dozen words had to me removed.

·
Registered
2,455 Posts
The shootout is in too many games, if it only happened every once in a while I'd like it a whole lot more. Also the points system is messed up, teams can't separate themselves which also means teams won't be able to move up in the standings late in the season.

·
Banned
961 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
New Nhl

Well everyone has the right to there opinion just like you do. you will never change my mind on this just like the fact that your mind is set on this new NHL that stinks so much. And yes i am anti european.this is suppose to be north american hockey.and again this is MY opinion.:thumbsdow

·
Banned
961 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Stay On Topic

Hkyfn said:
HOK, There is no logic, just the same old tired story! What's funny is that he cannot say anything to defend his position, beyond the old "everyone has the right to their opinion".

The guy is stuck in a time warp, too bad for him!
This thread is about the current state of the NHL not about other forum members. Stay on topic.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Let's see, he doesn't like Europeans in the NHL (and I naively thought that the NHL is the greatest league in the world, partly because of their influence!), hates sunbelt teams, and I believe, wishes the league was still a 6 team affair, playing in dilapidated, drafty, rat infested old arenas! When challenged on his posts, he crys foul and now edits posts that expose him for what he is.

I will gladly substantiate anything I write on this forum, by any member who desires it. Just ask away.

·
Registered
268 Posts
aaack :dunno:

A real hockey fan would welcome the challenge to articulate his position with reasonable depth.

If altering posts is SOP, this board is doomed. Hockey peeps like to banter, compete, and get to the root of an issue.

Too bad

·
Registered
2,455 Posts
Get to the root of an issue? All you guys have done for the last three few posts is complain about Oly's posting style. I brought up some points on the last page and they went ignored in favour of bashing Oly, who's opinion I do not share but I will support his right to have it.

something are hard to quantify, like perhaps NHL in the 60's and why he prefers it.

·
Registered
94 Posts
I personally love the new nhl.
Clutching and grabbing had to go.

I think the shootout is great. I believe it's awesome for fans to always be assured at least one team will come out victorious.

There is only one new rule I hate, though. The penalty for shooting the puck over the glass. Thats the only rule I feel is brutal. I'm a fan of all the other ones, though.

That rule should be replaced by the same rule for icing of the puck. You return on the ice and the team that shot the puck over the glass, can't change their lines.

21 - 40 of 56 Posts