Hockey Fan Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
IMO gionta should be on the first line. i watched one of there games last night and i never realized how talented this guy is

·
Premium Member
5,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
iginla12 said:
IMO gionta should be on the first line. i watched one of there games last night and i never realized how talented this guy is
Yeah, he's only 5'7", but he plays like he's 6'2". He looked great with Elias and Gomez last year (the EGG Line), and hopefully he'll be even better this year. I honestly think he can get 30 goals this year, depending on who he plays with.

·
Registered
296 Posts
As I looked at their lineup the guy that stood out the most to me was Zach Parise. I am telling you this kid is the real deal. Just watch and let the season fold out.

·
Premium Member
5,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
LI Edge said:
As I looked at their lineup the guy that stood out the most to me was Zach Parise. I am telling you this kid is the real deal. Just watch and let the season fold out.
You never know, back when Gomez came into the league, he had Mogilny on his line to complement his playmaking skills. Maybe AlMo can do the same for Parise's abilities. Either way, I think he'll will have a solid rookie year, although I don't think he'll put up big numbers. I think he'll end up with somewhere around 40-45 points this year.

·
Registered
7 Posts
MadDevil said:
Yeah, he's only 5'7", but he plays like he's 6'2". He looked great with Elias and Gomez last year (the EGG Line), and hopefully he'll be even better this year. I honestly think he can get 30 goals this year, depending on who he plays with.
I think he might get even more..

·
Premium Member
5,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I've updated the roster to the most current version. Nice to see Zajac make the team, although that might just be because Madden is still hurting. Matvichuk and Wiemer are not on the roster because they're currently on IR.

·
Registered
737 Posts
with some lucky breaks and bounces i would be suprized to see gio and patty bust 40 goals and gomer with 30

·
Registered
737 Posts
East Rutherford, NJ (Oct. 4. 2006) – The New Jersey Devils signed left wing Dan LaCouture. LaCouture, 29, had been invited to training camp on a tryout basis, after splitting the 2005-06 season between Davos (Swi.) and Boston.

Also today, the team assigned goaltender Frank Doyle and defenseman Tomas Harant to Lowell (AHL). New Jersey's roster is now at 21.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Gomez is friggin awesome. Probably one of the bravest people in the league, Do you see him in that pic with the goalie? oh boy the defense would KILL him. But all he cares about is the puck in the net. Brave brave brave....

·
Registered
737 Posts
They lost to buffalo 3-2 and beat them 3-2 so they stay with them. With Marty on his game the games are pretty even. Could easily be a 7 game series if they meet in the playoffs.

·
Premium Member
5,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Quite honestly, when the Devils are on their game I think they can beat anybody in the league. But whether or not they can keep that up in the playoffs, we'll just have to see. I do think that the Devils could take Buffalo in a 7 game series, but as we all know anything can happen in the playoffs.

I have somewhat the same feeling about this year's team as I did about the 2003 squad. They just find a way to win games, whether it's shutting the other team down completely, or as we saw in that wild game against the Flyers by scoring 6 goals. And with Marty being as good as I've seen him in a while we all know they'll have a chance.

·
Registered
737 Posts
Quite honestly, when the Devils are on their game I think they can beat anybody in the league. But whether or not they can keep that up in the playoffs, we'll just have to see. I do think that the Devils could take Buffalo in a 7 game series, but as we all know anything can happen in the playoffs.

I have somewhat the same feeling about this year's team as I did about the 2003 squad. They just find a way to win games, whether it's shutting the other team down completely, or as we saw in that wild game against the Flyers by scoring 6 goals. And with Marty being as good as I've seen him in a while we all know they'll have a chance.
I try to ignore that feeling cause i dont wanna jynx them but yeah they do remind me alot of the 03 team.

·
Premium Member
5,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Re: New Jersey Devils Roster

The roster has been updated, even though ungar will no longer be able to see it.;)

Interesting thing I found was that Clarkson, who wore #27 last year, has since changed to #22. Makes me wonder if all the talk of Niedermayer retiring could be leading to #27 hanging from the rafters in the near future...

1 - 20 of 24 Posts