Hockey Fan Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just for the fun of it. I made my own ranger plans following cap geek and if I were the gm, this is what I would try to do during this off season.

Cap geek says we got 21,116,666 left.

My first move would be to try and make a blockbuster trade.

In my opinion, Nash is too much money and too steep of a price to try and get (unless Dubinsky is in the deal). My biggest concern right now for Rangers is in the middle anyway (centres), if there's anyway Ducks would consider moving Ryan Getzlaf who has 1 year left on his contract at 5.3M, that would be my number 1 priority. Getzlaf could help the powerplay and give us 2 very strong top 2 lines.

MY OFFER to Ducks-
To ANA: Del Zotto, Anisimov, 28th pick(this draft), prospects Thomas and Mcilrath
To NYR: Getzlaf

My next move would be to sign defenseman Ryan Suter.Suter 6yrs/6m.
Bringing in Suter helps our defense this year, more than replaces Del Zotto and would give us many options for trading in the future. We'd be loaded on D.

Players to bring back.Prust 1.6M/3yrs, Eminger .800/1yr, Biron 1.5M/2yrs, Mitchell 1m/1yr, Bickel .800/1yr
players out: Fedotenko, and Stralman

My last and final move would be to sign depth forward Daniel Winnik. With speed and size, also likes to shoot the puck. At 27 years going to New York under John Tortorella could definitely help his career.
Winnik 1.7m/2yr

After all these moves, using cap geek, Rangers would have very close to 4,266,666M cap space left out of there 21,116,666 to spend to save for any potential help they need at the trade deadline. Perhaps room for Shea Weber to reunite with Suter in New York the following season or even a trade deadline move?

MY NEW YORK RANGERS 2012-2013

Kreider-Getzlaf-Gaborik
Dubinsky-B.Richards-Callahan
Hagelin-Stepan-Winnik
Prust-Boyle-Rupp
spare forwards- Mitchell, Bickel, Hrivik

Staal-Girardi
McDonaugh-R.Suter
Sauer-Erixon
spare defenseman- Bickel, Eminger

Lundqvist
Biron