Hockey Fan Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,679 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Now before people blast off like they have been about paying so much for drury being a 2nd line center. im putting him on the jagr line and for good reasons.

Jagr has a knack for being great on the boards and with puck control and moving out and finding the open man. Now for drury he is one of those players who always seems to be eithier open or in the right spot for passes in front of the net. As to gomez who is a finese passer on the move i cant see him doing as good with jagr then Drury would.

First line Jagr-drury-hossa (hossa showed alot of promise and cofidence on this line)

Second line Straka-Gomez-Shanahan

third line Prucha-Avery-Callahan

fourth line Dawes-Betts/Dubinsky- Hollwig/Orr

·
Registered
6,444 Posts
Though I do think he was overpaid a few Million, I agree that he should be a huge help on the Rangers, along with Gomez (who I also think had too much $$$ spent on him).

Then again, a lot of money was thrown at a lot of players, and if this pays off in the end (the Rangers going deep into the playoffs) I think it'll look a lot better.

I'm not sure how many times Jagr and Shanahan were on the same line last year, but I'm going to guess that Renney is going to try and pack the top 2 line, ans give Prucha a shot at redemption (since he was way off last season in terms of goal-scoring). Gomez centering him could help. Oh well, here goes:

Offence:
L#1: Shanahan/Straka-Drury-Jagr
L#2: Straka/Shanahan-Gomez-Prucha (that is if Straka can play on the LW)
L#3: Hossa-Avery-Callahan (I think Callahan can make the jump)
L#4: Ryan Hollweg-Betts-Immonen (if this is the year for Immonen)

Defence:
DP#1: Mara-Rozsival
DP#2: Pock-Tyutin (If Pock can make the jump for the whole year)
DP#3: Malik-Hutchinson

And yes, I do notice that I don't have Ozolinsh in there. If he is in the line-up, I see him either taking Hutchinson's spot, or bumping down Pock or Tyutin.

Anyway, I didn't notice how the Rangers' D-corps was more on the younger side. Other then Malik (32 years old), the rest of the 4/5 are 28 or younger.

·
Premium Member
2,541 Posts
KRYPT1968 said:
who said that? gomez will center that line.
I think he is refering to what I can chalk up as a typo in your original post where you have gomez positioned on the lw

·
Registered
4,679 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
BE-LEAF-ABLE said:
And yes, I do notice that I don't have Ozolinsh in there. If he is in the line-up, I see him either taking Hutchinson's spot, or bumping down Pock or Tyutin.

Anyway, I didn't notice how the Rangers' D-corps was more on the younger side. Other then Malik (32 years old), the rest of the 4/5 are 28 or younger.

Thank god his contract ended. He could be the MSG custodian in his next line of work.

·
Registered
4,679 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
MaCabe said:
I think he is refering to what I can chalk up as a typo in your original post where you have gomez positioned on the lw

He assumed cause i had his named first. I just listed the lines not in any positional order.

·
Registered
4,679 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ryanleo said:
hey krypt, where do you think prucha stands? i dont see him in your prediction.

My very bad. you got me.

Just made my final thoughts.

I Must of been really buzzed when i first posted this thread. :D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts