Hockey Fan Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
961 Posts
Hartford Whalers

Johnny_Whaler said:
my favorite team when Hartford left for Carolina was the Pittsburgh Penguins.........i am a huge Crosby fan and think they have a bright future with Malkin etc....

there is serious talks that they will be moved to Hartford

i would die if Hartford gets an NHL team back, it would be a dream come true

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=161588&hubname=

:D :)
I would not get my hopes up for the penguins to move to hartford. i am sure that the NHL is to do everything to keep the team in pittsburgh. maybe down the road the NHL could move maybe one of the florida teams or even columbus or nashville back to hartford.i still say that the NHL should never have left minnesota,quebec,winnipeg and hartford.

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
OLYMPIA STADIUM said:
I would not get my hopes up for the penguins to move to hartford. i am sure that the NHL is to do everything to keep the team in pittsburgh. maybe down the road the NHL could move maybe one of the florida teams or even columbus or nashville back to hartford.i still say that the NHL should never have left minnesota,quebec,winnipeg and hartford.

i dunno i cant see them moving columbus.. they have a great fan base... they have developed well there.. and people do like their hockey.

·
Banned
961 Posts
columbus

shanny14 said:
i dunno i cant see them moving columbus.. they have a great fan base... they have developed well there.. and people do like their hockey.
I have never been a fan of the NHL putting a team in columbus or even nashville. it still think that if the NHL wanted to go back to ohio they should have put a team in cleveland or cincinnati instead of columbus.

·
Registered
3 Posts
There's a lot going on right now that's really exciting. The mayor, speaker of the house, and governor are all very supportive of bringing the NHL back to Hartford, and Mayor Perez in particular is going above and beyond the call of duty to get the job done. He visited the Wild in Minnesota and was looking into how they turned a hockey market that lost its team into one of the NHL's hottest tickets and he also wrote Super Mario a letter when he announced that the Penguins might look into relocation. We have a potential owner with deep pockets and the motivation to land a team and talk of a new arena making its way onto the evening news. However, it's still a longshot. IF (and that's still a very big IF) the Penguins move, we are not at the top of their list of cities to relocate to. Our proximity to ESPN's headquarters is a huge advantage, but one that Bettman will probably ignore given the way he's been running this league into the ground. I think that what Mario is doing right now by issuing that letter is putting pressure on Pittsburgh's politicians to take action much like Kraft did when he threatened to move the Patriots to Hartford in the not-too-distant past. However, one unnamed GM has said that the divisional realignment that the NHL is considering may be a preparatory step before expanding to 32 teams, making four divisions of eight teams instead of the uneven 7 and 8 that the NHL is currently considering. While I am not for expansion and the further dilution of talent in the NHL, I would rather get a team through expansion than to rob an NHL proven market like Pittsburgh of their team simply because they don't have a new arena.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Right now, Kansas City (who were a previous home to the New Jersey Devils, before the Colorado Rockies)investors are in talks with Mario about a new arena, which could lead to a team in KC. We'll have to wait and see tho, the Scouts only lasted 2 seasons after all. I personally would love to see a team in Cleveland, or another city...for some reason I find myself wanting a pro team in Omaha. But also, Canada, more specifically Manitoba, should get their team back.

=PL=

1 - 6 of 6 Posts