Hockey Fan Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think that R.E.M. songs could be used for every event in a hockey game:

penalties & fights: "everybody hurts"
goal for: "stand" or "daysleeper" (maybe man on the moon?)
goal against: "its the end of the world"
power play: (this is a tough one)
win: "sweetness follows" or "nightsleeper"
loss: "losing my religion"
zamboni: "shinny happy people"

what do you guys think

·
Registered
19 Posts
LOL... I don't know I like what thay use now.. its usally a nice mix of other music. But It would be coom to see R E M songs there some times

·
Registered
11 Posts
cheapquality said:

what do you guys think
:laugh: i had seen most of them use archestra but i would watch only between india and pak hockey so they use hindi songs and drum music :D

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
they need to make sure they kick it with a bit of old skewl hockey music. Considering most of the ticket holders are over 35, the old music is a kick back to their childhood.
I hate that thump'ing noise they use at basketball games, so annoying :thumbsdow

410 Posts
cheapquality said:

what do you guys think
You exactly plagerised Captain25's thread from another forum I will not specify! Get your own ideas! Don't copy!

Remember from 1991-1997 they would always used to play techno music. It was awesome such as Technotronic, Rednex, and C+C Music Factory. Technotronic's song "Pump Up The Jam," and "Move This" were constantly played. Rednex sang "Cotton Eyed Joe," which is constnatly still played. C+C Music Factory played "Everybody Dance Now! Gonna Make You Sweat." All catchy songs.

NHL still also plays another electronic artist's song. Fatboy Slim's "The Rockafeller Skank," is always constantly played. "Right about now, the funksoul brother, check it out now, the funksoul brother."

NHL was once so into techno and electronic music in my opinion back in 1993 Don Cherry infact made his own techno song with KMFDM called "Rock Em' Sock Em' Techno." His (meaning Don Cherry) rhymes were so pathetic and the music video was voted the worst video of 1993.

Here was one of Don Cherry's rhymes (he would rap as KMFDM would play):
"He can dangle he can score; boom there go's Bobby Orr! Let's Go! Let's Go!"

I remember watching the video back in 93 and my eight year old son back then said "What a gay music video. Don Cherry sucks."

·
Banned
961 Posts
Organ Music

I use to like years ago the organ music that use to be played at the hockey games.did anyone here ever make it to old chicago stadium. that organ at the stadium was great.i miss the stadium and its organ.

410 Posts
OLYMPIA STADIUM said:
I use to like years ago the organ music that use to be played at the hockey games.did anyone here ever make it to old chicago stadium. that organ at the stadium was great.i miss the stadium and its organ.
They used to use organs as music in the late 60s, 70s, and early 80s. It died out and they began using rock music. I used to always hear that organ playing at the Coliseum in Vancouver in the 70s.

410 Posts
OLYMPIA STADIUM said:
They used to use organs as music in the late 60s, 70s, and early 80s. It died out and they began using rock music. I used to always hear that organ playing at the Coliseum in Vancouver in the 70s. Nowadays in General Motors Place in Vancouver they are bringing back those organ tunes from the 70s I always used to hear.

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
I love the music at the hockey games.. hit the road jack is a common one played at the joe.. for when the opposing team gets a penalty... I love it.. totally classic!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Back in my hometown (Wichita, KS), there is a minor league team. During the very first season, whenever the officials came out onto the ice, they would play "Three Blind Mice". After a few games, the officials got quite annoyed and complained to the league and the team couldn't play it anymore. I always thought, for the most part, that was a pretty appropriate song to play.

;)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts