Hockey Fan Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
26,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Associated Press
11/11/2006 10:14:09 PM

BOSTON (AP) - Glen Murray scored two goals to lift the Boston Bruins to a 4-3 win over the Ottawa Senators on Saturday night.

Patrice Bergeron scored the winner with 6:28 remaining when he redirected a slap shot from Brad Stuart past Senators goalie Martin Gerber. Petr Tenkrat also scored for the Bruins.

P.J. Axelsson had two assists for Boston, which allowed fewer than five goals for the first time in five games.

Chris Neil's second of the night tied the game 3-3 when he redirected a shot from Peter Schaefer past Bruins goalie Tim Thomas 1:25 into the third period.

Neil had cut the Bruins' lead to 3-2 with 53 seconds left in the second period by beating Thomas with a backhander. Jason Spezza also scored for the Senators.

FULL STORY

·
Registered
426 Posts
Nice attempt by the Sens when they tied it ,but I susspect something will be done soon............

·
Registered
6,444 Posts
Gerber... can't balme the goalie for everything, but that goal by Glen Murray was really weak (Congrats to him on his 300th by the way).

The Sens are battling so hard, but they're not getting the goaltending they need. You can tell Gerber knew he should of had that one, when he froze after lettign the puck sqweak through him.

·
Registered
94 Posts
BE-LEAF-ABLE said:
Gerber... can't balme the goalie for everything, but that goal by Glen Murray was really weak (Congrats to him on his 300th by the way).

The Sens are battling so hard, but they're not getting the goaltending they need. You can tell Gerber knew he should of had that one, when he froze after lettign the puck sqweak through him.
I don't think Gerber should be blamed for *all* the losses, but he's responsible for the last three for sure.
Those are all games Ottawa would've won, had it not been for horrible goaltending.

Hopefully he can turn it around soon, because there's no way he can be traded. I'm an optimist, though, and think he will.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts