1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
26,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Trio split up at Friday practice
Ottawa Citizen
Published: Friday, October 20, 2006

Ottawa Senators coach Bryan Murray has finally had enough of his unproductive top line of Jason Spezza, Dany Heatley and Daniel Alfredsson, breaking up the trio at practice Friday.

Spezza, a centre, worked out with Mike Fisher and Chris Neil on his wings. Heatley, meanwhile, was on a line with Chris Kelly and Antoine Vermette.

FULL STORY

·
Registered
426 Posts
This should be interesting. We're gonna have to wait till saturdays game to see if Murry was right to break up the trio. I sure hope it works. (havlat is owning in chigago)

·
Registered
94 Posts
I think all three play lazy hockey far too often when they're together, and tend to get careless defensively(Especially Spezza).

I think it'll be a good look, to get each of these players on lines with hard working grinders.

If this can't motivate them to score, then the sens are in *big* trouble.

I have a feeling this will work, though.

·
Registered
6,444 Posts
Spezza did that "thing" (behind the back pass) again, and it lead to goal on Thursday night.

He's an exciting player to watch, but he can also be so frustrating, especially when he can seem to shake a habit that for the most part ends up hurting his team.

He and Alfredsson were booed when their names were announced after Dany Heatley's goal.

Whatever happened to Patrick Eaves on the 1st lien though. He was only there with Spezza and Heatley for 2 games, then after Alfie didn't score they take Eaves off and put Alfie on.

I'm not sure if that was a necessary move, especially since Fisher and Alfier played well together in the pre-season. They should have stuck with it and seen if they could click in the season.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts