Hockey Fan Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you think are some of the most surpising players this year ?

here is my list

1. Jonathan Cheechoo - 35 goals in 56 games ( 6th place )
2. Simon Gagne - 37 goals in 51 games ( 2nd place )
3. Alexander Ovechkin - 37 goals in 56 games ( tied 2nd place )
4. Sidney Crosby - 65 points in 58 games ( not bad for a 18 year old )

there are more players but i am to lazy to list them lol.

·
Registered
24 Posts
1. Eric Stall, knew he was good but not THAT good.
2. Marc Savard, knew he could post good numbers if he stayed healthy.
3. Jason Spezza, never thought he was going to be able to make the cut.
4. Simon Gagne, everyone was right he just needed someone to make the plays and he can put the puck in the net.
5. Alexander Ovechkin, he skates great, hits like a bull and scores like no one else right now.
6. Brian Gionta, break out season...hes gonna be the next one season wonder like St.Louis was last season.
7. Shawn Horcoff, proving hes a class play maker.
8. Jaromir Jagr, I didnt know he was gonna try anymore.
9. Jonathan Cheechoo, amazing what Joe Thornton can do toa guy...
10. Martin Gerber, stepping up as a top notch goaltender.

410 Posts
The most suprising player I ever saw in the NHL was Alexandre Daigle. He wasn't good suprising, but bad suprising. The media made such a big deal about him and said he was going to be the next Gretzky. I told my son wait till he comes in the NHL, he will be very good. But when he did me and my son were so dissapointed! He was an outrage! The media ruined it. But nowadays he's improving from where he was fifteen years ago. Chris Phillips I also thought was going to be the best defensemen in a long time but I was wrong again! What has he done! Same with Jay Bouwmeester. They don't rack up points.

Milan Hedjuk and Michael Ryder were drafted in the fourth round. That makes them suprises. Rick Dipietro was also first overall and has been terrible in the net. I thought Paul Dipietro was going to be a good player in the NHL after he got three goals in that playoff game against Los Angeles but it turns out he left the NHL four years later! Eric Staal I never new was this good. He's doing very good. Better than before. Usually all the first overall picks in the NHL drafts are very good at hockey, but not the Americans, not to be racist or steriotypical. The Americans who have gone first overall have been terrible, bad suprises. I hope Kessel won't be.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts