Hockey Fan Forums banner

201 - 220 of 285 Posts

·
Registered
5,403 Posts
Dark Reign said:
Finally found my pick...

Brendan Morrison
Don't know anyone who has called Morrison a Superstar. He is a good player, works hard and has some Chemistry with Naslund and Bertuzzi. Not a superstar, and this is with my Canuck goggles on.

·
Registered
5,403 Posts
I don't want to sound anti-american here, but there are a number of US born players who, frankly don't deserve the hype and the big money they have earned. Tkachuk, Guerin, Roenick, have never really lead a team anywhere. There are fine US born players, like Madano and Chelios who have played signifigant roles in leading thier respective teams, but the other 3 well lets count thier Stanley Cup rings.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Most overated player award is a tossup between yashin and roenick. There is no way yashin deserved the money he was making in New York with the numbers he produced. Roenick is overrated because he is more known for his big mouth than his hockey skills.

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #206
Martin St. Louis, hes good but not great, Lecavalier made him great, in the WCH, Lecavalier was unstoppable but St. Louis registered 2 points a goal and an assist. In Calgary St. Louis was marginal and then he went to Tampa and it took till this year for him to get good.
And Kovalev, hes a pansy I hate him
and Zdeno Chara hes just really really big so players are scared of him so he looks better than he is

·
Registered
358 Posts
RedMile said:
Martin St. Louis, hes good but not great, Lecavalier made him great, in the WCH, Lecavalier was unstoppable but St. Louis registered 2 points a goal and an assist. In Calgary St. Louis was marginal and then he went to Tampa and it took till this year for him to get good.
And Kovalev, hes a pansy I hate him
and Zdeno Chara hes just really really big so players are scared of him so he looks better than he is
Ok, there's no way St.Louis is overated. 5 years ago he was underrated. He was never drafted and this year we saw him take home some huge hardware. Just cause the flames didnt see the talent he was does not make him overrated!

·
Registered
6,057 Posts
jersey_gurl said:
Most overated player award is a tossup between yashin and roenick. There is no way yashin deserved the money he was making in New York with the numbers he produced. Roenick is overrated because he is more known for his big mouth than his hockey skills.
I couldn't agree with a post more than that one. Bravo. I'll throw Lindros in there for the perfect trifecta.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I couldn't agree with a post more than that one. Bravo. I'll throw Lindros in there for the perfect trifecta.
Thanks for agreeing with my choices gordfish. Its true that Lindros is another overated player who whines and complains more than scores goals. As far as i'm concerned the leafs can have him. Alot of fans in leafland are hoping Lindros will make a huge comeback beacuse he is finally playing for the team that he wants, but if I were them I wouldn't hold my breath.

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
well he isn't a star but the way people are going on about him, you'd think he is. henrik zetterberg. he's had, what, two adequate offensive seasons (has he even cracked 25 goals or 50 points?) playing with all stars and hall of famers. am i missing something? he's 25, why does everybody assume he's going to magically turn into mats naslund in the future? and why on earth is he asking for so much money?

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
jersey_gurl said:
Its true that Lindros is another overated player who whines and complains more than scores goals. As far as i'm concerned the leafs can have him. Alot of fans in leafland are hoping Lindros will make a huge comeback beacuse he is finally playing for the team that he wants, but if I were them I wouldn't hold my breath.
What??? Lindros dominated the 90's and lived up to the hype until injury problems started!Lemiuex and Gretzky whined alot too!As for what Lindros will do in T.O. I have no idea but for $1.5 mil this season I think its a risk worth taking!

Cheers

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
THE HACK said:
What??? Lindros dominated the 90's and lived up to the hype until injury problems started!Lemiuex and Gretzky whined alot too!As for what Lindros will do in T.O. I have no idea but for $1.5 mil this season I think its a risk worth taking!

Cheers
Alot of people have problems with lindros because he stiffed the nordiques.

But hes definetly not overrated. He had 9 concussions, and hes still playing.
Last year he played he had 32points in 39 games, close to a PPG, and for 1.5 million you cant beat that value.

And you can only knock TO for wanting him to be good because hes on thier team, but if he was on yours youd be hoping he wouldnt get injured either.

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
FillyFanatic said:
Alot of people have problems with lindros because he stiffed the nordiques.

But hes definetly not overrated. He had 9 concussions, and hes still playing.
Last year he played he had 32points in 39 games, close to a PPG, and for 1.5 million you cant beat that value.

And you can only knock TO for wanting him to be good because hes on thier team, but if he was on yours youd be hoping he wouldnt get injured either.
I have a problem with what Lindros did to Rod Brind Amour but I'm not going to let that cloud my judgment on him being overrated!Lindros was one of the best to play this game when in his prime!

Cheers

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
THE HACK said:
I have a problem with what Lindros did to Rod Brind Amour but I'm not going to let that cloud my judgment on him being overrated!Lindros was one of the best to play this game when in his prime!
hey man, at least it wasn't yr number one goalie. jeff brown destroyed kirk mclean's career and broke up the '94 era canucks.

i guess comrie kind of did the same thing but salo wasn't that good to begin with.

·
Registered
296 Posts
I guess for a few overrated players i would have to think of Selanne, Yashin, Leclair Modano and Brian Leetch. I just dont see anything that is so sparkling about Leetch and maybe i just didnt see enough of Modano playing to consider him as an elite player. :no:

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
LI Edge said:
I guess for a few overrated players i would have to think of Selanne, Yashin, Leclair Modano and Brian Leetch. I just dont see anything that is so sparkling about Leetch and maybe i just didnt see enough of Modano playing to consider him as an elite player. :no:
It might be because Leetch is the only defenseman still in the NHL to have scored 100 points and one of six to have scored 20+ goals (that I can name off the top of my head Ozolinsh, Gonchar, Chelios, Lidstrom and Blake, pretty good company)

and even now, when he is old to have 15 goals and 36 assists as a defenseman is very very good

·
Registered
39 Posts
PDO said:
[note: Broduer is one of the better goalies in the league, however he would not have numbers even close to what he currently has if he played on almost any other team, thus, while still being very talented, he is very over-rated.]
THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!

Someone realizes that while GREAT, Brodeur's D has made him look Legendary! And he proved against the Flyers in 2004, that with an average D, he ain't so hot!

·
Registered
186 Posts
lindros sucks what a waste of time with that guy. i say that him and alison will colide in practice and they both get hurt and out for the season. thats my preiction.

201 - 220 of 285 Posts