Hockey Fan Forums banner

21 - 40 of 44 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,318 Posts
Craven Morehead said:
When someone like John Muckler, part of the Oilers dynasty says that he thinks Ottawa has the potential to be a dynasty, I'll listen to what he has to say instead of your opinion. Nothing personal, but you would do the same as myself!!!
Now do you think that Muck is going to say anything bad about his own team?

·
Registered
2,677 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Earnhardt said:
Craven Morehead said:
When someone like John Muckler, part of the Oilers dynasty says that he thinks Ottawa has the potential to be a dynasty, I'll listen to what he has to say instead of your opinion. Nothing personal, but you would do the same as myself!!!
No, but by the same token he wouldn't say things like that simply to flatter his team. Muckler has been around. You guys all seem to be under the impression that I have made my call here, that I've guarenteed a dynasty out of Ottawa, which I have not done. I do signs that they could create one based on age, talent, experience and new found ownership. Will it happen??? I don't know, but there are signs that it is a real possibility. You guys dismiss simply on your hunches and not any concrete reason why they couldn't be. Reasons like soft-euro is an outdated theory or are chicken sh*ts really aren't educated responses!!!

·
Premium Member
13,305 Posts
Craven Morehead said:
Earnhardt said:
Craven Morehead said:
No, but by the same token he wouldn't say things like that simply to flatter his team. Muckler has been around. You guys all seem to be under the impression that I have made my call here, that I've guarenteed a dynasty out of Ottawa, which I have not done. I do signs that they could create one based on age, talent, experience and new found ownership. Will it happen??? I don't know, but there are signs that it is a real possibility. You guys dismiss simply on your hunches and not any concrete reason why they couldn't be. Reasons like soft-euro is an outdated theory or are chicken sh*ts really aren't educated responses!!!
So what your saying in fact then is that the sens and their fans see the same thing in their team as other fans see in their teams.The biggest difference though with most fans of other teams is that they don't go round bragging about something that hasn't happend yet they usually wait till it happens especially when throwing words out there like "elite" "DYNASTY" and so on.Give me a freaking break the sens have no more potential at becoming a Dynasty team untill they "WIN" something than any of the other teams have.It could just as easily take the sens years to go as far as they did last year, if they run into injury problems or any other unforseen problems then theres a good chance they will faulter.

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
Turco is overrated. Why..he did have good numbers, but then did not win the Vezina..why not..because of the early playoff exit..?

He played in front of a rock solid defense. Give him one more year, producing the same or similar numbers. Then, right on.

Brisebois is overrated..in the fact that people thought he was better..or the fact that he is often looked at as a premier defenseman..but not with the Habs. He is one of the worst defenseman playing in the NHL

·
Registered
5,043 Posts
flyerfan2 said:
Craven Morehead said:
Earnhardt said:
Craven Morehead said:
So what your saying in fact then is that the sens and their fans see the same thing in their team as other fans see in their teams.The biggest difference though with most fans of other teams is that they don't go round bragging about something that hasn't happend yet they usually wait till it happens especially when throwing words out there like "elite" "DYNASTY" and so on.Give me a freaking break the sens have no more potential at becoming a Dynasty team untill they "WIN" something than any of the other teams have.It could just as easily take the sens years to go as far as they did last year, if they run into injury problems or any other unforseen problems then theres a good chance they will faulter.
lol. It is great that one of my fellow Sens fans has decided to be the EASTERN ONTARIO LIGHTNING ROD in the hockey forums. I don't know of any other Sens fans who have predicted winning anything. I hope for the best each year.... just like a fan of any team... Ottawa has a very good team with excellent potential. They even have a good possibility of making it to the final this year... unless of course the Leafs knock them off in four straight in round 1. But dynasty? C'mon. :eek:

·
Registered
2,677 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
flyerfan2 said:
Craven Morehead said:
Earnhardt said:
Craven Morehead said:
FlyersFan 2, how many more times do I need to say it. I think they have the potential to create a dynasty. You keep arguing back that I think it will happen for sure. It might, it might not. You can't say that for fact!!! And your right, many other fans can think the samething about their team.

Your last sentence is my favourite.

It could just as easily take the sens years to go as far as they did last year, if they run into injury problems or any other unforseen problems then theres a good chance they will faulter.
Remember that the next time you get in a car. It could be the last time you drive. There could be a drunk driver who hits you or you crash into a light. I'm not going to rely on IF's like injuries. That is completely out of their control, all things being equal there. My problem with your point is that you are just stating an opinion and not giving any concrete reasons why they couldn't be a dynasty. I understand your point of view, but tell me why it is. I've given my reasons in the past responses. This is the second time I've asked. Just saying they "can't" doesn't count!!!

·
Premium Member
13,305 Posts
Craven Morehead said:
flyerfan2 said:
Craven Morehead said:
Earnhardt said:
Craven Morehead said:
No, but by the same token he wouldn't say things like that simply to flatter his team. Muckler has been around. You guys all seem to be under the impression that I have made my call here, that I've guarenteed a dynasty out of Ottawa, which I have not done. I do signs that they could create one based on age, talent, experience and new found :wink: ownership. Will it happen??? I don't know, but there are signs that it is a real possibility. You guys dismiss simply on your hunches and not any concrete reason why they couldn't be. Reasons like soft-euro is an outdated theory or are chicken sh*ts really aren't educated responses!!!
FlyersFan 2, how many more times do I need to say it. I think they have the potential to create a dynasty. You keep arguing back that I think it will happen for sure. It might, it might not. You can't say that for fact!!! And your right, many other fans can think the samething about their team.

Your last sentence is my favourite.

It could just as easily take the sens years to go as far as they did last year, if they run into injury problems or any other unforseen problems then theres a good chance they will faulter.
Remember that the next time you get in a car. It could be the last time you drive. There could be a drunk driver who hits you or you crash into a light. I'm not going to rely on IF's like injuries. That is completely out of their control, all things being equal there. My problem with your point is that you are just stating an opinion and not giving any concrete reasons why they couldn't be a dynasty. I understand your point of view, but tell me why it is. I've given my reasons in the past responses. This is the second time I've asked. Just saying they "can't" doesn't count!!!
CM i don't think Lalime has got what it takes to back stop the sens to a cup win or any other team,while he is a good solid goalie i don't think he can take his level of play any further than he did last year.The sens have a great defensive system but even that wasn't enough to get them into the finals with Lalime in net.Motivation {leadership} i think is also lacking on the sens team as in most games the sens fell behind in especially against the Devils they seemed to almost quit trying and conceded defeat which imho in the playoffs is unexceptable.Character or{i think the word is over used but GRIT} is also lacking from the sens.While the sens have their fair share of offensively gifted players they lack enough of the type of players that will go into the corners hard and fight with determination and win the battles for the puck at any cost.They also lack those type of players that will take a good hard hit to make a play.{IMHO this is why i think the sens are to soft}.Coaching again well Martin is a decent coach the sens have had some decent teams for him to coach and the sens have still come up empty,i think a change of direction is in order behind the bench for the sens. :wink:

·
Registered
2,677 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
First off, unless Ottawa makes it to the Finals this year, I think they'll fire Martin. He need not worry as about 10-15 teams will inquire about him for their coaching job.
I find your reasons very interesting. First off, I think they are outdated and based on what the media perceived them to be at the time of the Leafs' sweep in 2001, not today, but you call it how you see it, fair enough.
Lalime has his doubters, but I've said this many times, we aren't going to get anyone better. The only goalies who played better then him in the playoffs were Brodeur and Giguere, and he lost in game 7 of the Conference Finals in the last 2 minutes. I could understand if the Devils had won in 5 games, but it could have gone either way. Brodeur did not "outplay" Lalime in that series.
Leadership is up for debate. I can't comment here. I'm not on the bench or the dressing room. I always thought the effort was there. If it wasn't, Martin would never hesitate to bench anyone.
The Grit aspect has really toned down. Ottawa has added some players who are much grittier and the majority of their players have developed that edge to their game. I realize the Sens will never beat-up a team to the brink of elimination. Ottawa has gotten ride of those wimps like Yashin, Dackell and McEachern who were absolute no-shows!!! Hossa and Bonk are great examples of that.

·
Premium Member
13,305 Posts
Craven Morehead said:
First off, unless Ottawa makes it to the Finals this year, I think they'll fire Martin. He need not worry as about 10-15 teams will inquire about him for their coaching job.
I find your reasons very interesting. First off, I think they are outdated and based on what the media perceived them to be at the time of the Leafs' sweep in 2001, not today, but you call it how you see it, fair enough.
Lalime has his doubters, but I've said this many times, we aren't going to get anyone better. The only goalies who played better then him in the playoffs were Brodeur and Giguere, and he lost in game 7 of the Conference Finals in the last 2 minutes. I could understand if the Devils had won in 5 games, but it could have gone either way. Brodeur did not "outplay" Lalime in that series.
Leadership is up for debate. I can't comment here. I'm not on the bench or the dressing room. I always thought the effort was there. If it wasn't, Martin would never hesitate to bench anyone.
The Grit aspect has really toned down. Ottawa has added some players who are much grittier and the majority of their players have developed that edge to their game. I realize the Sens will never beat-up a team to the brink of elimination. Ottawa has gotten ride of those wimps like Yashin, Dackell and McEachern who were absolute no-shows!!! Hossa and Bonk are great examples of that.
While right now your right in the fact that the sens probably couldn't find a better goalie than Lalime,but how many other teams over the course of the years have had good teams only to be short at the goaltending possition and never win the cup.?I know i mentioned this before but when Lalime was run over more than once in last years playoffs and the sens failed to respond either at the moment it happend or later in the game when the out come wasn't in doubt showed me a team that lack chemistry,or bonding ,or what ever you want to call it,but the bottom line is it went un answered and that should and can't ever happen on a tightly knit team.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Wait a minute. I think we can all agree that Craven’s head is abnormally large (of course, I’m referring to his cranium not his glans).

But, you’ve gotta admit he has good reason to be excited. The Sens have climbed steadily over the years and looked pretty solid against some pretty tough teams last year.

In contrast to us jaded fans of established teams, Sens fans haven’t had to suffer the kind of performance-related ups and downs like Randy Rocks’ tallywacker on the set of TO Fillies XXI. Nor have they lived through the screaming fake orgasm that Randy’s flash-in-the-pan co-star, Carolina Sweetvagina belted out.

No, it’s been a slow, relentless erection.

If they should climax soon, only time will tell. But you can’t fault Craven’s excitement - even if it results in premature ejaculation.

·
Registered
5,043 Posts
Biggus Dickus said:
Wait a minute. I think we can all agree that Craven’s head is abnormally large (of course, I’m referring to his cranium not his glans).

But, you’ve gotta admit he has good reason to be excited. The Sens have climbed steadily over the years and looked pretty solid against some pretty tough teams last year.

In contrast to us jaded fans of established teams, Sens fans haven’t had to suffer the kind of performance-related ups and downs like Randy Rocks’ tallywacker on the set of TO Fillies XXI. Nor have they lived through the screaming fake orgasm that Randy’s flash-in-the-pan co-star, Carolina Sweetvagina belted out.

If they should climax soon, only time will tell. But you can’t fault Craven’s excitement - even if it results in premature ejaculation.
lol. That third paragraph has me scratching my cranium...

·
Registered
2,677 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Biggus Dickus said:

That must have taken you a while to type. Talk all you want. What you said makes no sense and is of no value. If you think what I said about the Sens earlier is garbage, that's fine. I'm entitled to my opinion, your entitled to yours. I'm sure a couple people will laugh at your comment, but it really isn't funny. That's the sort of joke someone would have said in grade 9...I'm sorry, but its true!!! Truly sad!!!

·
Registered
353 Posts
Craven Morehead said:
Biggus Dickus said:

That must have taken you a while to type. Talk all you want. What you said makes no sense and is of no value. If you think what I said about the Sens earlier is garbage, that's fine. I'm entitled to my opinion, your entitled to yours. I'm sure a couple people will laugh at your comment, but it really isn't funny. That's the sort of joke someone would have said in grade 9...I'm sorry, but its true!!! Truly sad!!!
I apologize Craven. But I think you misunderstand. In my own twisted way I was defending you. Read it again, you'll see.

You are a good writer with good arguments (except when bashing the Leafs). If you’re enthusiastic about the Sens, that’s great. I have no problem with that. In fact, I think it’s completely understandable.

·
Registered
454 Posts
If you want to talk about total zeros in the playoffs, YASHIN!

Goal, Cujo!

Deffense, for sure Brisebois ARG!

21 - 40 of 44 Posts